Stepping into summer in style goes well beyond scene-stealing swimsuits, twirl-worthy sundresses, and Instababe-approved sunnies. Every beach babe needs a killer handbag to stow all of her warm-weather essentials (sunscreen, poolside reads, and tunes). Whether you’re headed to the pool or lounging on deck, these 17 purses will keep your girl-on-the-go routine on fleek all season long. Get your credit cards ready, because you’re gonna want at least one.
1. GCK Ombre Straw Pom Basket ($78): If you’re bummin’ it at the beach or just sippin’ rosé on a rooftop, take this playful pom-trimmed tote along for the ride. Tack on a bright scarf for a bit of extra oomph.
2. Ralph Lauren Raffia Hobo Bag ($198): The nonchalant sack channels the season’s low-key vibe without compromising your haute sense of style. Pop it on with cropped white denim, suede mules, and an off-the-shoulder top for an afternoon of running errands.
3. & Other Stories Small Suede Fold-Over Bag ($145): Bold color is bangin’ under bright sunlight, making this punchy pouch a must for summer good times. Style it alongside striped white culottes and a simple bodysuit, or dial it up with high octane baubles and strappy sandals.
4. Thaikila Surfs Up Neoprene Backpack ($128): Neon neoprene? Sign us up! Sling it over your shoulder, then toss on a pair of shimmery jelly shoes and classic Wayfarers for an on-point ensemble that screams ’80s.
5. Sam Edelman Yaro Metal Minaudiere ($128): Make a statement at an upcoming festival or backyard fête by throwing this mosaic masterpiece into the mix. The tiered tassels and gilded frame strike the ultimate balance of boho and glam, while the convenient shoulder strap allows you to go hands-free as you sway to the beat.
6. Steven by Steve Madden Beaded Tassel Tote ($118): Obsessed would be an understatement. Beaded embroidery and swingy tassels turn up the heat on an otherwise understated tote for a boardwalk-ready style that will do you right all season long.
7. Nannacay Red Straw Baby Roge Fringed Bag ($190): Upcoming concert series on the pier? Enter the one vibrant accessory you’ll most definitely want by your side. Partnered with an airy linen dress and a printed hair scarf, it’ll be racking up style points left and right — no effort needed.
8. Bucket Handbag And Crossbody Bag ($170): Who says work bags have to be stuffy? Upgrade your trusty corner-office tote for the warm-weather months with a showstopping shade of orange and a modern silhouette that are guaranteed to garner more than a few approving nods from HR.
9. America & Beyond Barrel Bag ($35): Yoga in the park calls for a funky mat bag that will inspire you to get up and move. With its rainbow-bright palette, tassel trimmings, and intricate embroidery, this throw-on-and-go number will do just that.
10. Boutique Mexico Petite Stella Tote Bag ($78): Plaid has never looked so good. Cool shades of blue call to mind the sparkling blue waters of the Côte d’Azur, while red-hot pom-poms keep things feeling fun and fresh.
11. Zara Beaded Clutch ($40): Keep warm-weather basics like cutoffs and classic tanks feeling fashion-forward all season long by pulling out this sparkly Sahara-inspired clutch that’s just about as double-tap-worthy as they come.
12. Gaia for J.Crew Pom-Pom Bag ($128): While you can’t fault a French-girl-approved wicker basket, sometimes you just have to think outside the sartorial box. And that’s where this girly gingham number comes in. Fit for a country fair or strolls through a Sunday morning flower market, you’ll find any excuse to bust this beauty out.
13. Skinnydip Iridescent Tote Bag ($30): Enter the iridescent tote bag that you won’t be able to stop showing off. The holographic finish is just the thing to take errand running and your morning commute to the next level.
14. Kayu Aloha Pouch ($98): Even if you don’t have an exotic escape on the agenda, you can still embrace those island vibes. With a palette of punchy pastels and cheerful pineapple embroidery in your arsenal, you’ll feel as though you’ve been whisked off to a far-flung paradise.
15. AAB Mirage Jute Tote ($68): Hello beach bag of our dreams. Get sassy courtesy of this braided beauty with its colorful woven fabric and easy breezy aesthetic.
16. Madewell Small Pom-Pom Zip Pouch ($23): Between camping adventures and picnics in the park, you need a wear-anywhere pouch that can handle anything and everything on your agenda.
17. Tommy Bahama Seas the Day Embroidered Straw Tote ($128): Statement one-piece: check. Shay Mitchell-worthy romper: check. A killer tote to solidify your status as a trendsetter: triple check. Seize the day and take this snazzy sac along for your next stint by the pool.
18. Valfre Sandia Clutch ($28): Your summer style game is about to get epic, thanks to this fruity tutti clutch that’s as cheeky as it is trendy.