There’s no better way to usher in a new season than with a well-calculated (or delightfully unexpected) splurge. Girl, you earned it! If there’s a certain OMG-worthy dress, designer bag or swoon-inducing pair of sandals that you’ve been coveting, then there’s no time like right now to take the plunge. Going beyond summer work wardrobe essentials and chic everyday basics, we’re talking about investment pieces that you’ll come to cherish for years (and years) to come. From the avant-garde to the practical, we’ve got you covered with 26 splurge-worthy designer pieces that will maximize your summer style.
1. Jill Jill Stuart Two Tone Gown ($298): Between summer galas, beachside weddings and rooftop dinner parties, you’re going to need a gown with this much wow factor on standby. This pink and red stunner can be paired with metallic steppers and tassel earrings for a glam, entrance-making look.
2. Reformation Hydrangea Dress ($248): YES, those are indeed watermelons. Show off some major shoulder action with this flirty ankle-length frock that calls to mind a picnic in the park or an evening of salsa dancing.
3. Eugenia Kim Sunny Hat ($485): Put your beach babe status front and center with a sassy sun hat that takes you from poolside lounging to soaking up rays in Maui. Wear this hat and you will not be disturbed.
4. Alice + Olivia Alyssia Cross Front Bodysuit ($198): Take it there with this fierce black bodysuit that demands attention. (Did you check out that midriff-baring cutout?!) Team it with a lace kimono and dramatic gladiators at the beach or slip it on with boyfriend jeans and platform sandals for a bachelorette party.
5. Kate Spade Daisy Dot Silk Short ($228): Sorry, not sorry, but sometimes denim cutoffs just don’t cut it. Channel a sophisticated look — without having to get all gussied up in a skirt or dress — in these charming daisy-printed shorts that are daytime casual at its best (and even boardroom-ready if you play your cards right).
6. Mansur Gavriel Circle Leather Tote ($1,095): Run, don’t walk, to snag the happy-girl bag of your dreams. This circle leather tote from Mansur Gavriel is the jetsetting accessory you need for your upcoming travels to Europe. Just think how Parisian chic it’ll look with a timeless white midi skirt and some Breton stripes.
7. Rialto Jean Project Basic Distressed Boyfriend Jeans ($245): This just in: Paint-splattered jeans circa the ‘90s are making a comeback, and we couldn’t be more pumped. These distressed boyfriend jeans are just the thing for low-key weekends or outdoor festivals — just throw on a muscle tee and easy-going slides for the win.
8. Edgardo Osorio x Salvatore Ferragamo Amber Sandals ($875): It won’t be long before you start seeing these colorful blogger-approved lace-up sandals all over the Insta community. When teamed with this season’s megatrends (cold-shoulder everything, culottes and sultry slip dresses), they’ll be unstoppable.
9. Rebecca Taylor Criss Cross Pant ($275): When it comes to cost per wear, these lounge-worthy printed pants will pay for themselves. They’re that versatile. Wear them as a bikini cover-up for an upcoming beach-cation or pair them with a lazy girl-approved sweatshirt come siesta time.
10. Mara Hoffman Exclusive Ruffle Shoulder One Piece ($260): We can’t decide what we love more: the tropical floral print, the ruffles or the off-the-shoulder detail. No honeymoon in paradise required to flaunt this beautiful one-piece swimsuit all summer long.
11. Jill Stuart Leah Blouse ($388): Love it or hate it, off-the-shoulder tops are here to stay for at least another season or two. Test the waters with this bohemian blouse, complete with billowy sleeves and pretty blooms, that’s designed with the serious jetsetter in mind.
12. Tibi Bella Floral Jumpsuit ($695): Comfort is luxury, people! When you find a strapless floral jumpsuit that’s functional and wearable for work and play, you know you’ve struck gold. All that’s missing is an effortless fedora and some gold strappy sandals for endless summertime vibes.
13. Kate Spade Dotty Wedges ($278): Jumpstart summer with these wildly eclectic mint wedges that call to mind your favorite frozen treat (hopefully with sprinkles on top). These are the summer-approved steppers you’ll be wearing with your prized LWD, chino shorts — you name it.
14. Sophia Webster Speech Bubble Embroidered Leather Clutch ($495): If you’re going to fork over the moolah for a designer handbag, then it had better be punny. This playful Sophia Webster clutch with mermaid appeal will leave everyone jelly of your bag swag.
15. Loeffler Randall Drawstring Backpack in Natural ($495): Be one of the cool kids this summer by toting around this perforated drawstring backpack that’s a way-chic alternative to your everyday bucket bag. Not only is it a shoo-in for festival season, but it’s perfect for those instances when you want to carry around just the essentials.
16. Catbird 1909 by Erica Weiner Mosquito Earrings ($700): Gear up for long summer nights spent by the campfire (or on the veranda) with these gold mosquito earrings that are totally unexpected and majorly glam at the same time. Pair them with an off-the-shoulder blouse and denim cutoffs for a hint of sparkle that won’t go unnoticed.
17. Sleepy Jones Cecily Gathered Skirt ($218): For those lazy summer days when you can’t even think about getting dressed (besides throwing on a bikini, that is), allow this rainbow striped skirt to be your new hero piece. With an elastic waist, it can be slipped on with zero effort — just add canvas sneakers for an athleisure look.
18. Theory Silk Off-the-Shoulder Jumpsuit ($395): Come Fourth of July weekend, you’ll be craving an off-the-shoulder silk jumpsuit you can wear from AM to PM. With an elastic waistband and wide legs, it doesn’t get more streamlined and laid-back chic than this sultry number.
19. PARTYSKIRTS Palm Lady Length ($225): If you can’t travel to the tropics, do the next best thing and bring the jungle vibes to you. Whether you’re Hawaii bound or have an island-themed brunch party on the horizon, the perfect palm leaf skirt will always do you right.
20. Ramy Brook Francesca Skirt ($295): Don’t let it fool ya — this dainty white skirt can actually be styled a million and one ways. You can wear it as a bikini cover-up, style it for date night with a silk cami or pare it down with a chambray shirt for the farmers’ market.
21. Chloé Janis Pendant Necklace ($690): Mark our words: This geometric pendant necklace featuring tassels will be on repeat all summer long. It’s minimalist enough to be worn alongside a casual t-shirt and polished enough to be paired with a black jumpsuit for the office.
22. Mabu by Maria BK Embellished Leather Sandals ($200): Ignore the haters — pom pom-embellished sandals are most definitely worth the splurge. Not only are these beauties handmade in Greece, but they’re way more elaborate than any cheap knock-off sandals you’ll find elsewhere. Proceed to wear them with a crochet bikini or Grecian-inspired maxi for after-hours.
23. PRISM Salinas Top in Metal ($177) and Mahe Bottoms ($138): Don’t back down now — you were made to stand out in this sporty metallic bikini that’s more than just a little risqué. With a few flash tats and some trusty Birks, you’ll be ready for summer before you know it.
24. For Love and Lemons Niccola Maxi Dress ($360): Be it an enchanting wedding under the stars or a romantic rendezvous for two, you need a come-hither dress that doesn’t take no for an answer. Everything from the elaborate floral embroidery to the sheer paneling — and that plunging neckline — is guaranteed to put all eyes on you. Style it with a body chain or wooden platform sandals for a boho-glam look.
25. Cold Stone Fox Shrine Blouse ($315): Don’t underestimate the power of a wear-with-everything blouse that transitions from day to night. Style this white V-neck crepe blouse with denim cutoffs for Bonnaroo or with palazzo pants for a stroll along the boardwalk.
26. Victoria Beckham Aviator-Style Gold-Tone Mirrored Sunglasses ($425): At the top of every lust list is a killer pair of sunnies that looks DDG no matter how you style ‘em. Enter the pink mirrored aviators that even Malibu Barbie would approve of.
What splurge-worthy items are you currently coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.