10 Ways to Wear the Billboard Music Awards Hottest Styles IRL
From Taylor Swift’s to-die-for jumpsuit to Aimee Song’s sweet off-the-shoulder frock, we were seriously swooning as our favorite celebs strutted their stuff on the 2015 Billboard Music Awards red carpet. And unlike the Oscars, the Golden Globes or Cannes, the fun, fresh and non-fussy looks we spotted on some of our favorite celebs have some serious real-life potential. Need some outfit inspo for date night or that long list of upcoming weddings? Take a style note from some of this year’s best dressed.
1. Love Off-Shoulder Dress With Pleated Neckline in Tropical Print ($36): Off-the-shoulder dresses are one of this summer’s hottest silhouettes, so it’s no surprise that fashionista Aimee Song flaunted a brilliant blue one out on the red carpet. The flirty style is the perfect look to rock at all your summer soirées. For a fun twist on Aimee’s look, we’re loving this bright, bold floral number. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Nasty Gal Dark Side Cutout Jumpsuit ($78): Not only did Taylor Swift steal the show at this year’s awards by debuting her star-studded new video for “Bad Blood” and taking home eight new pieces of shiny hardware, she also stepped out in one of the night’s most eye-catching ensembles. Steal the spotlight at your next party in an equally as statement-making getup in this noire interpretation. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Reiko Casual Pants ($160): Zendaya’s outfit certainly wasn’t subtle, but we were all over this exotic ensemble. Embrace your wild side any day of the week in a similar pair of bold zebra-print denim. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Calvin Klein Striped Belted V-Neck Sleeveless Jumpsuit ($128): We could hardly keep up with all of Chrissy’s costume changes, but this first look definitely caught our attention. Consider this another fashion-forward way to rock French girl stripes. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Lipsy Sequin Dress ($73): Megan Trainor got sassy with the sequins at this year’s event, proving shimmer isn’t just for the holiday season. (Photo via Jason Merritt)
6. Sass Celebrations Dress ($83): Laverne Cox’s mini dress was giving off some serious glam goddess meets tough girl vibes. Rock a similar style on your next night out when you feel like channeling your inner diva. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Steffan Schraut Stretch Jersey Jewel-Detail Blazer ($449): Not diggin’ the dress? Ditch it for a dazzling blazer and sleek trousers (or in Kendall Jenner’s case, over-the-knee boots) for a totally polished, yet unexpected look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Faithfull the Brand Riviera Stripe Maxi ($128): We’re loving Lily Aldridge’s Billboard getup for date night. The high slit is sultry, while the turtleneck top feels elegant and sophisticated. Make the look your own by pairing a Riviera-ready skirt with a silk cami or a sleeveless mockneck top. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Mango Triangle Sash Belt ($25): Along with jumpsuits, larger-than-life belts were definitely a thing at the Billboards this year with everyone from Kylie Jenner to Jourdan Dunn accessorizing with the statement-making cinchers. (Photo via Kevin Mazur)
10. Cleobella Sequins Romper ($281): Sequins and rompers are two of our favorite things, especially when we’re looking for an on-point outfit to rock. While Olivia Culpo’s shimmery getup will set you back a few grand, this playful playsuit packs just as much punch without breaking the bank. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Who wore your favorite look of the night? Tell us in the comments!
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.