Thanksgiving is fast approaching, which usually means cranberry sauce, mom’s mashed potatoes and a big, juicy turkey. But if you are looking to mix it up this year or are just a veggie kind of gal, there are plenty of other non-tofurkey alternatives that will give you the protein boost you need. From spicy (tofu) steaks to butternut squash that’s totally Instagram-worthy, these mains are great Turkey day options for veggies and carnivores alike.
2. Vegan Shepherd’s Pie: While it looks like a time-consuming ordeal, putting together this delicious English delicacy takes under an hour. After one bite, you’ll want to make it a winter weekday staple. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks: A little lemon and a whole lot of fresh herbs give you all the taste you need. Plus, if you have leftovers, you can pop them on pasta or quinoa for a whole new meal. (via Oh My Veggies)
8. Baked Acorn Squash With Chestnuts, Apples and Leeks: Nothing says fall quite like a fresh, farmers’ market acorn squash with its own special stuffing. (via Food & Wine)
9. Balsamic Eggplant Steaks: Flavorful, delicious steaks like these are perfect for Thanksgiving feasts. Feel free to top ’em with some roasted squash and gravy for a super filling main. (via Pancake Warriors)
10. Tempeh Stew With Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and Shiitakes: Fall-friendly sweet potatoes, flavorful mushrooms and sprouts make this healthy, light and an ideal dish for any Thanksgiving entertaining where vegetarians will be present. (via Veg Kitchen)
Which veggie main are you going to whip up this Thanksgiving? Let us know what’s on your T-Day menu in the comments below!