The BritList: Sriracha Vodka, Wet Dog Portraits, and More
Well hello there! It’s a beautiful morning here at Brit HQ, and it feels like a regular Santa’s workshop here at Brit + Co SF. If you’re in the Bay area between now and December 20th, swing by and check it out! You can make, shop, drink hot cocoa, watch Elf, and wrap your gifts all in one place.
Now, onto the ridiculous, the weird, the funny, the strange, and the genius. Onto the BritList!
1. Sriracha Vodka: First up, we need to get this in house… stat! It would make for awesome Bloody Marys and might be just the spike you need for your next michelada.
3. Solar Scorcher: Take your love of ’80s computer game Scorched Earth to the next level with this amazing solar scorcher. Cook hot dogs, warm up a cup of tea, and just generally tap into your pyro side with this hot hack.
6. Creepy Santa Clauses: This blog is the most terrifying holiday-themed blog on the Internet. We chose to feature a creepy Santa statue, simply because the photos of actual creepy Santas are, in fact, too creepy for our website.
7. Hilarious Portraits of Wet Dogs: Yes, yes, and yes. These portraits of wet dogs are brilliantly captured, and we want more!
8. Home Alone, the Pug Version: Speaking of dogs, what’s cuter than a pug puppy interpretation of Christmas classic, Home Alone?
9. 50 States of LEGO: We might need to just change this weekly feature to the LEGOlist! Today’s find is a serious of photographs using LEGOs to represent every state. Above we’ve got California and Wisconsin.
10. George Clooney x Yayoi Kusama: George Clooney covered in polka dots in a polka dot room because… why not?
11. Gingerbread Breaking Bad House: We have two words for you: sugar high.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)