See What These 26 Creatives Are Making for #The100DayProject
Of course you like to make. But could you do it every day for 100 days? That’s the challenge presented by The Great Discontent magazine and painter/author Elle Luna. At the beginning of April, she launched #The100DayProject, bringing together thousands of creators across all disciplines. The hashtag on Instagram is practically overflowing with awesome art, design and crafts. There are a lot of great projects, but you especially don’t want to miss these 26 makers. Maybe you’ll find the inspiration to begin a 100-day project of your own — it’s never too late to start making!
1. @elleluna: Given that she kicked off this whole thing, it comes as no surprise that Elle Luna’s #100DaysofPaintingMyDreamsbyLuna is top-notch. Her writing describing the dreams is just as beautiful.
2. @sethnick: The curvy forms and lively colors of #100DaysofFormandColor look like creatures ready to animate.
3. @andilanuza: One sure way to make an outfit look even better is to illustrate it like #100DaysofOutfitSketches.
4. @heatherisch: Meet Peppah, @heatherisch’s dog and muse, who makes for a great model in #100DaysofPeppah. The border collie looks adorable doing everything from surfing to reading the newspaper in this yellow, illustrated world.
5. @fiakilbourn: Ladies, ladies, ladies: #100DaysofGreatWomen brings some of the best together in light and pretty watercolors.
6. @sakino_tomi: #100DaysofOneWordDiary plays around with a visual representation of one word per day and pretty much nails it every time.
7. @hollandloop: These playful and colorful paintings tagged #100DaysofAbstracts look sweet enough to eat.
8. @sadanimalfacts: The humor of combining cute animals and their “sad” lives in #100DaysofSadAnimalFacts is totally unexpected — and totally great!
9. @eliasneverlost: There’s no shortage of freshness in #100DaysOfPlantScribbles. The greens are so bright, and there’s such a great variety of plants, from succulents to cacti.
10. @auraandaura: Ever wondered how those gorgeous pressed flower phone cases are made? #100DaysofPressedFlowers shows you how!
11. @martina_hoffman: Morning coffee becomes even more irresistible with these #100DaysofCoffeeDiary drawings. Suddenly the daily grind doesn’t seem so bad.
12. @katrinamchugh: Imagine if all those song lyric doodles you made during science class somehow merged with your actual class notes, and you’ve got #100daysoflyricalnaturalsciences. We’re crossing our fingers that Katrina McHugh takes on Britney next.
13. @lauraleemayes: The patterns created in #100DaysofPatternPlay are light, bright and always beautiful. Can this be made into a wallpaper?
14.@nicemiceforyou: Wanderlust is sure to kick in when scrolling through these cityscapes. All the cities featured are in France so far, but be sure to follow along to see where these illustrations go next.
15. @heyykristen: You’ve got to get your daily fruits and veggies in somehow, and we think looking at #100DaysofFruitsandVeggies counts.
16. @empluscv: We can’t stand paying extra for avocado, but it’s too good to resist. @empluscv feels the same way with their list of #100ThingsThatShouldDie.
17. @mariahdemarco: The letterforms of #100DaysofFoodLettering delightfully combine food and lettering, which are a few of our favorite things. The “S” made of salt is amazing!
18. @eseyoung: The curvy limbs of these illustrated women are as unsettling as they are soothing, and we’re into it.
19. @melissamcf: The paper cut images of #100DaysofPaperCutz even make a tumbled ice cream cone look good.
20. @thejellyologist: We’ve never seen anything quite like #100DaysofJelly and yet we can’t look away. The perfectly posed jelly forms look like edible gemstones!
21. @hellopandreaa: Is this taco too cute to eat or just cute enough? It hangs out with pals like a hotdog, a drumstick and donuts in the #100DaysofThingsWithFaces feed.
22. @jaclynlenee: #100DaysofColor pairs lovely color schemes with photos of the real-life scenes that they’re pulled from. See how colors are combined in the world to repeat those same combos yourself.
23. @the_hungry_child: These illustrations seem to capture the flavor of the food too. Creamy avocado, anyone?
24. @bighaze: The daily temporary tattoos of #100DaysofPenonSkin creatively blend in with their surroundings. This arm flower is the prettiest of the bunch!
25. @vwendish: The illustrated women of #100DaysofWhatSheIsWearing rock the outfits of our dreams and look awesome while doing it.
26. @annetruppe: #100DaysofJapanese pairs a Japanese vocabulary word with a gorgeous image showing it in action, like this one, “Yoi ichinichi o,” which means “Have a nice day.”
What would you make for 100 days? Let us know in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.