If you’re looking to up your #basic fall hair game, get ready for a blast from the past. This season, scrunchies, bows, and banana clips are back in a big way. Didn’t keep your collection of large and in charge accessories from back in the day, you say? Don’t worry, the 2017 versions are (thankfully) on the more subtle side and look better than ever. Here’s the latest for your locks (all for under $20), because what’s old is new again, right?!
1. Anthropologie Garden Chiffon Pony Holder Set ($15): Your beloved scrunchies have grown up. Now they’re looking oh.so.elegant in a dark fall floral and a bow.
2. Cara Satin Bow Ponytail Holder ($10): Three cheers for fall and pretty bows in pink, ivory, and black. We can’t wait to elevate our daily skinnies and a tee with a ballet-inspired ‘do.
3. Urban Outfitters Telephone Cord Hair Tie Set ($8): Wondering why old-school phone cords are suddenly a hot hair accessory? Here’s the deal: They’ll hold up even the thickest of ponies and won’t leave a dent in your blowout. Call us in.
4. Free People Tort Cutout Claw ($12): The claw! And it’s going to take you to a better place called, “No bad hair days.” (Toy Story, anyone?) Just pin strands back for a half pony or bun, and voila! No greasy strands to see here.
5. AEO Velvet Scrunchie Set ($10): Velvet is a total must for this fall. Style your scrunch with any OOTD and watch it go from so-so to upgraded in a cinch.
6. Cara Metallic Cutout Cuff ($16): Trust us — metallics will bring a serious touch of sophistication to your usual updo. Wear your hair in a low pony with this cuff for a look that really shines.
Looking for more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.