Whoomp, there it is! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and while there are all sorts of ways to express affection for your loved ones, a little throwback action is just the thing to show them you really care. The kewl ’90s-vibing Valentines below are perfect for sending all-around good feels and serious nostalgia. So whether you’re planning on a Galentine’s brunch or plan to reconnect with school friends on the party line, we’ve got a few ideas for cards that are da bomb.
1. The Gin Fox It Was Acceptable in the ’90s Card ($3+): We all have that Galentine that just can’t get enough of those snap bracelets and scrunchies. Let her know she can rock her ’90s groove thang all she wants with this card.
2. Printable ’80s Valentines: The ’80s and ’90s have their similarities with fun phrases and pop culture items, like the cassette tape and boombox. Send some old-school vibes with these rad V-Day printables. (via Damask Love)
3. Meet Me in Shermer YO Valentine ($4+): Yo! just might be the most understated catchphrase from one of the coolest eras. Be a cool cat this Valentine’s Day and send your love a not-so-understated love note, yo!
4. DIY ’90s Heart Throb Valentines: Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Joey Lawrence are ’90s heartthrobs still worth obsessing over. Relive those crushes of yore by DIYing these ’90s heartthrob V-Day cards to send to all your girlfriends. Or, you know, to hoard for yourself. (via Brit + Co)
5. Color Warehouse Lisa Frank Dancing Dolphin Card ($5): When it comes to the ’90s, Lisa Frank and dolphins were *it!* Send this one to your color-loving pal and be sure to seal the envelope with matching stickers.
6. Art Breaker Will & Grace Soul Mates Card ($5): Raise your glass if you’re super stoked about the plans to revive Will & Grace. We’re so over the moon that we’re embracing our inner spirit animal, Karen Walker, to send you a hoot and a holler this Valentine’s Day.
7. Band B Paper Products How Rude Card ($3): If your bestie’s fave catchphrase channels little Michelle Tanner from Full House, this is the perfect card for her. Live the best decade over again with the best Valentine to date.
8. Diamond Donatello Clueless Anti-Valentine ($6): Roses aren’t always rosy just because it’s Valentine’s Day. If you’re a bit anti-love this year, call on your inner Cher and say ”Whatever.”
9. Fineasslines Spice Girls Friendship Card ($5): Girl power was cool in the ’90s, and it’s still cool today. Send a friendly note to your Galentine this holiday to remind her that friendship never ends.
10. Holly Go Lightning Tanner Family Values Card ($11, set of four): Frankly, receiving a card with Uncle Jessie’s face on it is a Valentine’s Day gift in and of itself. Sending out a bundle of V-Day cards each with a Full House cast member’s mug on it? Have mercy!
11. Melissa Chaib Mixtape Card ($5): What’s more loveable than a ’90s-inspired mixtape? A cute card with one, of course. Your BFF or S.O. will get to reminisce about those days with their Walkman.
14. Nostalgia Collect 90s Pop Song Lyrics ($6): Have your Valentine get a little sappy with an MJ ’90s pop song lyric card. Yes, they’ll remember the song and they’ll never forget the kewl card you sent them in 2017.
15. Diamond Donatello Jordan Shoe Valentine ($8): Want to impress your ’90s-loving, Space Jam-obsessing and totally amazing friend with a classic Valentine card? Look no further than the option above, as it’s a classic for sure.
Planning on doing some more 1990s–inspired shopping/DIYing? Follow us on Pinterest to get more inspirational ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.