15 Tiny Gifts You Can Stash in Your Carry-On
With all of the holiday events and parties going on, making it to the post office to mail presents isn’t always at the top of the to-do list. And sometimes shipping delays can turn your thoughtful presents into New Year’s gifts — lame! We’re sharing gift ideas for presents that will fit comfortably in your carry-on. Just add an adorable gift tag or bow before your plane lands and you’re golden.
1. 60 Ways to Create & Give Joy by Joy Cho ($28): All of these creative ideas, in one book, in your carry-on tote: It’s almost too good to be true.
2. Happy Plugs In-Ear Ear Buds ($35): Just about everyone on your list could use a set of ear buds. This clean, compact packaging will fit right in your purse.
3. SEGA Genesis Portable Game Player ($68): This #TBT-worthy gift is guaranteed to make any ’90s kid smile (and we totally don’t blame you for giving it a test-drive on the flight).
4. Marbled Jewelry Tray Kit ($25): This travel-ready kit has everything your recipient needs to make two gorgeous trays — one for them and one for you, naturally.
5. Haber Sparkle Card Holder ($40): With all of those holiday parties coming up, your pal can use a little sparkle whenever they’re switching up wallets and purses.
6. Echo Flash Drive ($36): These colorful flash drives are simple to pack and make an A+ gifting choice for your friends.
7. Kate Spade Glitter Coaster Set ($34): These little coasters are what cocktail-loving dreams are made of. Everyone knows it’s true: glitter is irresistible.
8. Neon Fringe Trim Knit Scarf ($75): Simply roll up this neon beauty in your suitcase, or wear it on the plane — we won’t tell.
9. Dana Gibson Pink Suzette Ornament ($26): Ornaments are always a thoughtful gift. This retro-inspired beauty is sure to have its own spot on the tree every year.
10. Crystal Card Necklace or Bracelet ($12): Switch things up with this thoughtful necklace/bracelet duo. Bonus: You can pack a ton of them without taking up very much room in your bag.
11. Jonathan Adler Dolls Canister ($28): This teeny little canister is perfect for candy, rings, you name it.
12. Ofina Double Druzy Cuff ($64): This delicate cuff can be stashed away in your purse or worn on the flight. With something this pretty, they won’t blame you for wanting to wear it first.
13. Marc by Marc Jacobs Googly Eye Bag Charm ($78): Your quirky friend is going to flip over this bag charm. Clip it onto your carry-on or just tuck it into your purse before heading home.
14. Kate Spade Kieran Wallet ($168): Red wallets are good luck (just in time for NYE!) and these scalloped edges make it impossible to resist. You may want to scoop up an extra wallet for yourself.
15. Hisy-Bluetooth Camera Shutter Remote ($25): This compact Bluetooth camera remote lets you and your squad take pictures from up to ninety feet away. Your NYE bash is about to get a lot more interesting…
Still mulling over gifting ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for some more gifting inspo!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!