Sweet! 20 Tempting Toffee Recipes to Make Immediately
When it comes to which candy has our heart, we’ve always been torn between toffee and its confectionery cousin, caramel. That is until we found these 20 tempting toffee recipes that are totally throwing down. Ready to branch out into other candy territory? Break out the sugar and corn syrup. Things are about to get sticky sweet up in here.
3. Chocolate-Covered Sponge Toffee: You don’t even need to own a candy thermometer to make this classic candy known by many names. The trick to its airy appearance? Baking soda. (via An Edible Mosaic)
4. Sticky Toffee Earl Grey Madeleines with Caramel Sauce: Fans of textural contrast — spongy-crunchy-smooth — will fall for these tasty teatime treats. (via Edible Society)
6. Chocolate-Glazed Toffee Bars: Similar to toffee crackers, but this time a homemade shortbread crust stands in for graham crackers to make a totally homemade and totally delicious cookie. (via Saveur)
7. Toffee Streusel Chocolate Donuts: We’ll take a dozen, please! Baked chocolate donuts are fabulous on their own, but topped with a crumbly streusel dotted with toffee? Oh, yeah. (via Buns In My Oven)
11. Salty Banoffee Pie: Almost no baking required! An easy homemade toffee tops a buttery digestive-biscuit crust along with sliced bananas, piles of whipped cream, and a generous helping of shaved chocolate. (via Dalia’s Kitchen)
14. Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze: Pumpkin — it’s not just for fall anymore. Put a can to use in these toffee-boosted cookies topped with a tempting salted-caramel glaze. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
20. Boozy Peppermint Toffee: How pretty would these be with red, white, and pink M&Ms for Valentine’s day?! Make this spirited toffee year-round by swapping out red and green with another seasonal assortment. (via Brit + Co.)
Which confection is the winner in your book — caramel or toffee? Let us know in the comments!