DIY Candy Land: 20 Homemade Candy Recipes
‘Round these parts, we’re pretty keen on candy. Cotton candy, Halloween candy, candy canes, candy corn. All the candy. Here we’ve rounded up 20 of the best DIY candy hacks for you make at home. Welcome to Candy Land.
1. Pomegranate Gumpdrops: The gumdrop has an old world way about it, and this from-scratch version capitalizes on that. So much whimsy, so much nostalgia, so much sugar. (via The View From Great Island)
2. Mini Almond Joy: The Almond Joy is Mounds’ sophisticated older sister. This recipe lets you have a hand in the sophistication. Plus, isn’t coconut a health food now? Better make a double batch. You know, for health ;) (via Miss Renaissance)
3. Candied Citrus Peel: These sweet slivers of candied citrus peel make for a great holiday or hostess gift. You can also use these yummy peels as sugar cookie trimmings, cupcake toppings, or mix-ins for your morning granola bowl. (via Heather Bullard)
7. Root Beer Float Truffles: One of the best parts about making your own candy is that there are no limits. Here’s something you can’t find in the stores — root beer floats packed nice and neatly into sweet little bite-sized truffles. (via Food Fanatic)
8. Three-Step Chocolate Marshmallow Cups: Homemade marshmallows are all the rage right now, but we’re one-upping them with this recipe. Because the only thing that you can do to a marshmallow to make it even better is to encase it in chocolate. (via A Subtle Revlery)
11. Apple Cider Caramels: These little guys are traditional caramels that have been just a small bit dressed up with apple cider and sea salt. Get your candy thermometer ready for this recipe! (via Smitten Kitchen)
12. No Bake Snickers Bars: The chocolate, peanut, nougat, and caramel combination is one that never goes out of style. Skip the Snickers King Size for a big hunk of this homemade layered treat. (via Sweet Society)
15. Salted Caramel Swirl Marshmallows: These little bites are a great holiday treat. And with their sweet swirls of salted caramel, they could really jazz up your next hot cocoa or batch of Rice Krispies Treats. (via Erika Rax)
17. Paleo Tootsie Rolls: Tootsie Rolls can be a polarizing candy — people tend to have strong opinions about them. Here, we are Team Tootsie, and we love this allergen-free Paleo hack on our old favorite chewy chocolates. (via Brittany Angell)
18. Whiskey Sriracha Candy: Look! All of your favorite food vices, packed into tiny little sugary hearts. What could go wrong? These quirky treats are sure to please your adventurous side. (via Olives for Dinner)
19. DIY Candy Bars: Twix, Reese’s, and Almond Joy: Here we show you ways to create your three of your favorite treats, including Twix, Reese’s Cups, and Snickers. What’s the best part? You can make each with four ingredients or fewer. Magic. (via Brit+Co)
What’s your favorite candy? And what’s your position on The Great Tootsie Roll Debate? Talk to us in the comments, or say hi on Twitter.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)