Dopp It Like It’s Hot: 21 Toiletry Bags for Men and Women
Full disclosure: We started curating this roundup for the fellas. After all, the toiletry kit is classically for men and makeup bags are for women. But then we got distracted… and proven wrong. There are just too many travel bags out there for us ladies, so we’ve included options for some self-gifting for the upcoming heart-shaped holiday. But don’t worry, we haven’t totally forgotten the Y chromosome. We just can’t promise we won’t steal those as well.
1. Teacher’s Pet ($28): Class is in now session. The lesson: This bag is the cat’s meow.
2. Lattice Dopp ($50): Organic fabrics printed up with a traditional textile infused with Caribbean and British influences –– we bet you’d never guess that combo would look so good.
3. Monogrammed Dopp ($88): You might think this is just a traditional deodorant carrier, but you are wrong. Its leather pull can be monogrammed with whatever three letters you’d like. We suggest going with your initials.
4. Adirondack Kite ($129): Fleabags is the brand, but this little world traveler feels more at home in The Hamptons than in a roach motel.
5. Pendleton ($66): You know the patterns, and you love them. But taking your favorite Pendleton blanket on the road is a bit cumbersome. Here it is in a more manageable size.
6. West Elm Thomas Paul ($28): The outside is printed with suggested things to put in the pouch. We think toothbrushes, shaving cream, and lotion would also feel at home inside.
7. Oilcloth Bag ($20): Are we going to get down with gingham while we galavant around the globe? You better believe we are.
8. Wink Limited Edition ($36): Similar to TOMS, when you buy one of these limited edition lovelies, Wink gives one to someone else who needs a travel companion.
9. Reverse Denim Dopp ($30): It’s classic. It’s for men. It’s for women. It’s lovely.
10. Illustrated Canvas ($29): Made in Brooklyn, this cartoon case is committed to carried all your real-life, 3D, tangible bathroom supplies.
11. Tembea Set ($35): You think we wake up looking this good? Nah, we’ve got products galore. Three bags are definitely better than one.
12. Bric’s Life ($170): Honestly, you could carry this dandy out on the town as a clutch. But getting your ID out of the foldout might be a bit awkward.
13. Box Shape ($160): This item was hand shaped like a box for a reason. They wanted you to feel like you were opening a present every time you put your hands on it. Surprise! You got a half used tube of toothpaste.
14. Color Block Bag ($48): This is the most subtle form of color blocking we’ve ever seen, and we kind of like it.
15. Harris Tweed ($79): This one’s for the dapper gents and your adorable 80-year-old grandfathers.
16. Wild & Wolf Map Print ($44): We like the idea of taking this on our travels and putting little star stickers on every city and country we’ve conquered.
17. Mini Necessaire ($120): You guys. It has a rose gold zipper. Nothing else needs to be said.
18. Hey Handsome ($60): Coming off an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign, this cheeky Owen & Fred design won’t be available until February. Hello, backorders.
19. Love Bag ($50): It’s stocked with all your traveling essentials, and it’s got a good name.
20. Flatiron Nylon Davie ($60): We couldn’t do a toiletry kit roundup without at least one Kate Spade bag. We’re especially sweet on this one, all tied up in little bow ties.
21. Ikat Upholstery ($68): We put this at the end of our roundup for a reason. It’s limited production. You’re going to want to go and get yours now… before it sells out.
What’s your bag? Let us know in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.