How to Make a Dirty Matcha Latte
This past year, matcha recipes have been on the rise due to matcha’s high amount of antioxidants, smooth texture and bold, delicious flavor. But while you’ve been mixing this green powder into cakes and smoothies, there is another way to use it: in your morning coffee recipe. This Dirty Matcha is going to boost your AM by mixing matcha and coffee in one cup. It’s essentially like having a mint chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, but with added health benefits (#winning!). So instead of starting your day with a boring cup of joe or trying a regular ol’ green tea recipe, add a bit of matcha (and maybe a few marshmallows and chocolate chunks) to really get your morning started.
- — 3 Tablespoons matcha
- — 5 marshmallows
- — 8 ounces espresso coffee
- — milk (optional)
- — handful of chocolate chucks
1. Pour espresso coffee into a mug.
2. Add three Tablespoons of matcha to the mug. Mix it together.
3. Pour in some milk for taste if you like.
4. Add marshmallows to the cup and toast them with a blowtorch (or pre-torch them over the stove and add them to the cup).
5. Sprinkle chocolate chunks and matcha on top of marshmallows.
Make espresso coffee and pour it into a mug.
Pour three Tablespoons of matcha into the mug, then mix it together. Add milk for taste if you like.
Add marshmallows to the cup and toast them with a blowtorch (or pre-torch them over the stove and add them to the cup). Sprinkle chocolate chunks and matcha on top of marshmallows.
Show us your dirty matcha by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative.