The cider cocktails are prepped, the playlist is ready to go and the camera is ready… it’s ugly sweater party time! And even though your calendar is filled to the brim with last-minute shopping and miscellaneous holiday to-dos, there’s no need to be a party pooper when it comes to the planning. These fun party ideas, recipes and ugly Christmas sweater DIYs will have you sending out your Facebook invites with glee.
1. Tacky Holiday Sweater DIY: Don’t get so deep into planning that you forget about your ensemble! This ugly sweater DIY will save you from waiting on shipping and combing through the racks of your local thrift store. (via Brit + Co)
2. Midcentury Modern Putz Style House DIY: These adorable little houses would make some seriously groovy props on the mantel! Don Draper would be proud. (via My So Called Crafty Life)
3. Christmas Light Leggings DIY: Don’t stop with the tacky sweater. Get ultra festive with these super easy Christmas light leggings. (via Studio DIY)
4. Candy Cane Popcorn Balls: This recipe is sweet, salty and guaranteed to give all of your guests a sugar rush. Buddy the Elf would be all over this one. (via Art and the Kitchen)
5. Reindeer Piñatas DIY: Every party needs a piñata. Stuff these cuties with candy canes and chocolate, or just use it as a photo prop! (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. Unreal Ink Shop Temporary Tattoos ($5): Wear your love for the holidays on your sleeve (or anywhere, really) with these cheesy temporary tats.
7. Ugly Sweater Party Badge DIY: The winner of the ugly sweater contest needs something a little more than bragging rights. (via The Dating Divas)
8. Slow Cooker Apple Cider: Anything in bulk is a great idea, ’cause you don’t want to be prepping drinks all night. This apple cider is prepped in the slow cooker so you’ll have something seriously tasty (and aromatic) for your holiday guests. (via Gimme Some Oven)
9. Christmas Bow Backdrop DIY: Put last year’s bows to good use and make a super detailed backdrop. You can customize the colors or make your own pattern. Say cheese! (via Studio DIY)
10. Cotton Candy Party Shots: Have your shot station up and running in the most festive shot glass ever. (via A Subtle Revelry)
11. Sweater Cookies: These cookies are *almost* too cute to eat. Have some pre-decorated for guests or set up a small cookie decorating station at your bash. (via Afternoon Crumbs)
12. Ornament Headband DIY: Go all out with your seasonal flair and make a few of these bad boys for your bash. Holiday hair envy, anyone? (via Mr. Kate)
13. White Elephant Gift Exchange: Encourage all guests to bring a wacky white elephant gift for a gift exchange — party favors for everyone!
14. Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting: There are sweets all over the place around the holidays, so make sure your sugary confections stand out. These sweet and salty cupcakes are sure to get Instagrammed (and then devoured ASAP). (via Just a Taste)
15. Hair Bow Pin DIY: Add a little holiday touch to your updo with this easy DIY. Pair it with an ugly present sweater for the ultimate getup. (via Smart N Snazzy)
Are you hosting or attending an ugly sweater party? Show us your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #IAmCreative!