Forget scrambling to score a last-minute reservation. Instead, grab a grocery cart, and get ready for a perfect V-Day date night at home. That’s right, we’re skipping the crowded restaurants and creating a prix-fixe dinner for two. Begin with an amuse bouche followed by a salad or soup, then dig into the main course before ending with something sweet. We’ve compiled V-Day staples coupled with unconventional day-of-love eats. Get busy in the kitchen with your loved one, dine-in with style, and be sure to snap up some drool-worthy food porn pics for others to ogle over… ;)
1. Blue Cheese, Walnut, Pear Crostini: The sweet scent of crunchy pears and wholesome walnut take on a mouthwatering effect with the addition of melted blue cheese. Crostinis like this offer a tempting start to a wonderful meal to come. (via BHG)
3. Seared Scallop Salad with Vanilla Poppyseed Vinaigrette: Show that special someone that you care with scallops, seared to perfection! Perfume them with a hint of vanilla, and that special someone will be yours for keeps. (via DJ Foodie)
4. Raw Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing: Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Caesar salad is so popular, but you want to show your uniqueness, and this is just the ticket. (via Yes To Yolks)
6. Roasted Beet Root Soup with Crème Fraìche: The rosy hue of roasted beets is the perfect color combo for the day of red + pink. Top it off with a heart of crème fraiche and ask, “Will you be mine?” (via Epicurious)
10. Pork Chops, Caramelized Apples, Celery, Spiced Walnuts: Time to get all fancy schmancy with sauces and such! Pork pairs well with apples but when seared to perfection and glazed in caramelized apples, it’s awesome! (via D’Artagnan)
16. Anise Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream and Toffee Sauce: Decadent and delish. Impress your guest with this simple, yet luxurious sweet. (via Culinary Capers)
What are your V-Day dinner plans? Let us know in the comments below!