10 Valentine’s Day Accessories for Girls Who Don’t Do Red or Pink
Love it or hate it: Valentine’s Day — in all of its fire engine red and bubblegum pink-covered glory — is coming. Sure, there will be an onslaught of sappy couple photos on the ‘gram and girls donning red bow-back dresses, but who says that’s the only way to do V-Day? If you’re the girl who prefers all black everything, understated displays of affection and getting a cactus instead of flowers, you’ll *LOVE* these low-key Valentine’s Day accessories.
1. H&M Knit Hat ($6): Since Valentine’s Day does happen to occur during the coldest month of the year, chances are you’ll need a little something to help keep you warm beside Bae’s blazer. Bonus points for a cheeky message that lets the world know you don’t take yourself (or V-Day for that matter) too seriously.
2. Catbird Bronze Match Necklace/Bracelet ($12): This little piece is all about balance — we love that it’s a sweet something with a little gritty edge to it. Rock it as a long necklace or a wrapped bracelet — either way, it’s a reminder that a little spark can go a long way.
3. Pintrill Heart Eyes Face Pin ($12): Wear your heart (or at least your heart eyes emoji) on your sleeve with this little pin. Add it to your go-to fancy LBD or denim jacket to give your Valentine’s look some serious sass.
4. ZARA Laminated Leather Ballerinas With Heel ($30): Valentine’s Day is one of the last prime opportunities to wear our metallics and blinged-out wardrobe staples before spring pastels and florals set in. We love this chrome ballet-inspired block heel — so chic! Pair ’em with black kick-flares and a flowy top.
5. Rebecca Minkoff Heart Threader Earrings ($28): These dainty little earrings are proof that we’re not like anti-Valentine’s Day or anything. In fact, we firmly believe every wardrobe needs at least one heart-shaped piece of jewelry. The key is to look for modern silhouettes, like these Rebecca Minkoff threaders, that add a little edge to the typically saccharine shape.
6. Sondra Roberts Resin Box Clutch ($62): Nothing says date night like a box clutch, and we’re head over heels for this version. The geo-inspired pattern coupled with just a hint of glitter is swoon-worthy, and best of all, you can use it for fancy occasions beyond just V Day.
7. Make Me Chic Single Sole Feather High Heels ($39): Want to go girly without an ounce of red or pink? Just reach for these feathered heels that will instantly dress up everything from dresses to boyfriend jeans.
8. H&M Velvet Necklace ($10): We’re loving this gray take on the skinny black bow choker that’s taking over Instagram RN. It’s a softer approach that’ll pair beautifully with a ruffled white blouse or a boho midi dress.
9. Urban Outfitters Love Hair Pin ($12): This is a subtle way to show some love on Valentine’s Day. We’re having visions of this super-thin metal heart clip in a loose half-up-half-down hairstyle.
10. Nasty Gal Kiss Up Metallic Clutch ($48): Okay, we’re not sure if this shade of rose gold counts as pink, but even if it does, it’s so cute that we’re willing to make an exception. The charming little clutch will add a dash of unexpected fun to an all-black outfit.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)