15 Valentine’s Day-Approved Flats That Are WAY Cuter Than Heels
It’s never too early to start planning your Valentine’s Day getup. Sure, you may have it narrowed down to a few frilly dresses, or maybe even a daring red jumpsuit, but what about your A-game footwear for the night? We all know it’s the shoes that make or break an outfit and rack up the IRL compliments and heart eye emojis on Instagram. Whether you’re doing the whole traditional V-Day lineup with bae or are celebrating Galentine’s Day with your favorite lady friends, heels aren’t the only way for you to roll this February 14. In fact, we’ve uncovered 15 swoon-inducing pairs of flats that will not only put your go-to pumps to shame, but are WAY cuter.
1. Sam Edelman Augusta Scalloped Ballet Flats ($100): Just think how much more sensible these fuchsia flats will be for a night of dancing and bar hopping with your squad. Lazy girls: Pair these with a fisherman sweater, black trousers and a pendant necklace for a last-minute look that can be styled on the fly.
2. J.Crew Gemma Flats ($135): Trust us: You will want to sport these red ballerinas on the 14th (and beyond); they’ll take you from the office to post-work drinks just like that. For an on-point look, throw a turtleneck sweater dress and leather jacket into the mix.
3. ASOS Little Munchkin Ballet Flats ($43): Ridiculously cute critter flats? Don’t mind if we do! Slip these guys on with a structured midi skirt or black skinny-leg jeans, and let the compliments roll in.
4. ASOS Leah Pointed Two Part Ballet Flats ($35): We heart it: Start wearing these playful, heart-printed flats NOW. While the styling options are endless, you can never go wrong with a fuzzy pink sweater and a trusty denim button-front skirt for a look that reads girl next door.
5. J.Crew Leopard Bow Gladiator Flats ($198): Because four bows are obvs better than one. Mark our words: these leopard print flats cannot be tamed. Pair with a classic LBD and pearls for date night or a bright pink shift dress for your upcoming GNO.
6. Isa Tapia “Cement” Glitter Heart Satin Skimmer Flats ($295): It doesn’t get much more luxe than these entrance-making flats, complete with a scalloped trim (major #swoon) and a sparkly, heart-shaped toe embellishment. Style them with a red cape dress or a power suit (smoking jacket and all) for a considerably more gamine look.
7. Comme des Garçons Play “Pro Star Lo” Trainers ($130): Don’t feel obliged to get all dolled up if your ideal Valentine’s Day evening is something a little more chill. A casual dinner, followed by a rom com playing at your local theater, calls for a pair of these heart-printed designer kicks.
8. Stubbs & Wootton for J.Crew Velvet Slippers ($450): Let your smoking slippers do all the talking when it comes to wooing your S.O. on Valentine’s Day. Channel your inner prepster by pairing these with a denim shirt dress and a punchy red cocoon coat.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Amour Suede Flats ($120): These lace-up d’Orsay steppers are indeed DDG and perfect for a black tie affair. Tassels and all, they’re practically begging to be paired with a ruffled chiffon gown and some crystal chandelier earrings.
10. Raye Penny Pony Hair Flat ($220): Light up the dance floor with these pony hair flats that are not only easy on the eyes, but made for movin’ and groovin’ to the beat too. Channel a flapper-esque look by pairing them with an embellished shift dress and a hands-free saddle bag.
11. Kate Spade Cosetta Too Flats ($258): Step aside, sequin pants: These bow-tastic red loafers are the real sartorial winner. They’re practically made for the modern-day Cinderella, so don’t hesitate to pair these menswear-inspired steppers with a game-changing playsuit or a satin slip dress and a timeless camel coat.
12. M. Gemi The Stellato ($198): Ditch the traditional reds and pinks for these metallic violet smoking slippers that are so right now. Play it cool by dressing them down with a fancy fringed sweatshirt and jeans or by opting for a flattering fit-and-flare dress.
13. BHLDN Lille Flats ($280): Ultra-feminine and romantic, these lace flats are fit for a princess. The rhinestone-encrusted heels will lend a little extra pep to your step, especially when worn with a goddess-inspired dress and an ethereal flower crown.
14. Chiara Ferragni Lips Smoking Slippers ($295): Leave it to blogger-turned-designer Chiara Ferragni to design a pair of smoking slippers with this much sass and sparkle. While a little black dress is always game, nothing says effortlessly chic like a white button-down, some good boyfriend jeans and a bold red lippy.
15. ASOS Lana Pointed Lace Up Ballet Flats ($48): Your favorite lace-up flats just received a major upgrade — and in a fierce red, no less. Whether you’re rockin’ a pair of cropped flares or a black maxi dress, these ballerinas are sure to add a girly spin to your Valentine’s Day #OOTD.
Which pair of flats will you be wearing for Valentine’s Day? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo.