It’s a known fact that game day is synonymous with chicken wings. Whether they’re classic Buffalo or baked Korean chicken wings, no tailgate or home soirée is complete without them. But what about your veggie-loving or even vegan friends? Enter: Cauliflower wings! Cauliflower fried rice is already your go-to when you’re craving takeout and cauliflower alfredo sauce *basically* changed your life, so it makes sense that they would also be the best vegan wing option. They’re crispy, flavorful and perfectly bite-sized for game-day poppin’. Scroll down to discover your surprising new fave football nosh with these 14 vegan-friendly cauliflower wings.
1. Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Wings: Even though these pseudo-wings are breaded to perfection, they’re also gluten-free. After you remove them from the oven, toss in the sweet and savory sauce and garnish with scallion and sesame seeds. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
2. Thai Peanut Cauliflower Wings: These wings will fool everyone. The peanut coating makes them crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle — you may even believe they’re chicken. (via Yup… It’s Vegan)
3. Cauliflower Bites in Honey Sriracha Sauce: The base of these cauliflower bites is simple and fuss-free. Leave as-is or serve with a spicy and luscious honey Sriracha sauce for dipping and drizzling. (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
4. Spicy Orange Sriracha Cauliflower Wings: Try making the same batter and dipping sauce for your chicken wings and cauliflower. That way, vegans and carnivores can enjoy the same delicious flavors and not feel left out. (via Tasty Yummies)
5. Green Cauliflower Wings: These cauliflower wings are hiding two cups of spinach in the batter, hence the green color. They’re even perfect for children and picky eaters that may be attending your tailgate. (via The Plant Philosophy)
7. Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites: No tailgate is complete without great Buffalo wings. This baked cauliflower version has all of the same zing with no animal protein. Serve ’em with dairy-free ranch and celery for the traditional presentation. (via Life Tastes Good)
8. Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings: If hot wings and beer aren’t your jam, then balsamic cauliflower wings and wine may be your perfect tailgate combo. Arrange your veggie plate next to these bad boys and you’ll have the perfect spot to post up. (via Cupcakes & Kale Chips)
10. Vegan Cauliflower Hot Wings With Lime: Nashville hot chicken is having a major moment, and so should hot cauliflower. These have zesty lime to keep you on your toes and creamy ranch to cool you down. (via My California Roots)
11. Hickory Smoked Gluten-Free Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings: Say hello to your new fave tailgate snack. You’re only five ingredients away from these smokey and sweet vegan BBQ wings that will change football snacking forever. (via The Plant Philosophy)
12. Honey BBQ Cauliflower Wings: Not everyone is a fan of spice, even on game day! These honey BBQ cauliflower wings are mild enough that even the most sensitive palates will love them. (via Clarks Condensed)
14. Sticky Chipotle Cauliflower Wings: You’ll probably feel a bit guilty after tailgating, so you might as well make your food guilt-free. Leave the spice for the sauce — that way guests can add as much or as little as they like. (via Simple Seasonal)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.