15 Vegan Cookies to Bake Up This Holiday
Beautiful cookies without the usual eggs or butter? Nope, that’s not just holiday folklore. These 15 mouthwatering vegan cookies will surely make you a believer. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah or simply a lifelong love of cookies this holiday season, these treats definitely belong on your next cookie tray.
1. Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies: When you’re looking for all of the ginger and molasses flavors of your fave gingerbread men recipe without the crunch, reach for these chewy cookies instead. (via The Fresh Direction)
2. Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Gluten-Free): Olive oil and sea salt provide a savory depth to these decadent, rich chocolate cookies. With flavors so well balanced, it’s hard to stop at just one. (via Will Frolic for Food)
4. Stress-Free Holiday Gingerbread Cookies: You’ll love that this dough works just as well for cutout cookies as it does for gingerbread houses. Even if you’re not usually a vegan baker, we bet you already have everything you need to make these cookies in your pantry. (via Food52)
6. Vegan Candy Cane Cookies: A mix of all-purpose and almond flours sets these sugar cookies apart from the rest. With candy canes sprinkled throughout the dough as well as on top, there’s just the perfect amount of pepperminty-ness going on in each bite. (via Elegantly Vegan)
10. Frosted Eggnog Cookies: Featuring ‘nog in both the icing and dough, these cookies might just be better than sipping on a cup of the stuff plain or spiked (and that’s saying a lot). (via Half Full)
14. Amaretto Snowballs (Gluten-Free): Made with only four ingredients, these no-bake cookies know how to pack in the almond flavor. They’re delicious served with tea, coffee or even a steaming mugful of (vegan) hot chocolate. (via Pure Ella)
15. Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies: It may seem a little out there to put fresh rosemary in something sweet, but the first time we heard of salt and chocolate together we were equally wary. You can even tease folks and tell them that the green flecks are really Christmas tree trimmings — start working on your poker face now. (via The Post Punk Kitchen)
Will you leave out some vegan cookies for Santa this year? Share your favorite recipes for festive vegan cookies with us below!