14 Velvet Sneakers to Effortlessly Upgrade Your Laid-Back Look
If there’s one extra luxe fabric that people can’t get enough of this season, it’s velvet. From velvet party dresses to cold-weather-appropriate toppers — and now blinged-out sneakers — there’s no shortage of this lush texture to be found. Scroll on for 14 velvet trainers that will effortlessly (and comfortably) elevate your casual vibes this winter. And you can count on them pulling double duty for upcoming holiday bashes and rushed morning commutes alike.
M.Gemi The Cerchio Velvet Slip-On SneakersYou, a pair of frayed hem jeans, a camel coat, and these lavish mauve-hued slip-on sneaks. It’s a date.
Soludos Velvet Llama Sneakerllamas on your sneakers?”
3. Katy Perry Collections The Brelle ($99): Call up your grade-school BFF: Velcro sneakers are officially back in action. Rock ’em beyond the jungle gym with a striped jumper and overalls for instant nostalgia.
4. Charlotte Olympia Work It Trainers ($365): Trust that you’ll rock these whimsical fruit-embroidered trainers to and from the yoga studio (and produce aisle) without fail.
5. Steve Madden GILLS-L Sneakers ($80): Seeing as to how leopard print’s practically a neutral, you’ll find an excuse to reach for these bad boys every. Single. Day.
6. Superga Velvet Embroidered Sneaker ($129): Supa fly is an understatement. The folksy floral embroidery will lend a dash of femme to even your most tomboyish of ensembles.
7. Here/Now Nayla Crushed Velvet Pompom Sneaker ($250): Traffic-stopping potential aside, Here/Now’s majestic blue pom-topped sneakers are about to one-up your craziest winter topper.
8. SeaVees for J.Crew Legend Sneakers in Velvet ($88): Can you say ho-ho-holiday-ready? These elevated burgundy velvet kicks with fancy laces are ready to mingle under the mistletoe.
9. Zara Velvet Plimsolls With Faux Pearls ($56): Zara’s gray pearl-strewn sneakers are just one shimmy away from lighting up the dance floor.
10. New Look Velvet Planet Embroidered Slip-On Sneaker ($32): Meet the celestial-inspired slip-ons that’ll have you seeing stars all season long. Just add a li’l silk drop-waist dress for your next holiday fête.
11. Bensimon x Free People Velvet Tennis Mid Top Sneaker ($69): BRB, just going for a stroll around the block in our ogle-worthy velvet mid-top trainers that look equally bomb with a tough-girl army jacket as an oversized Sherpa pullover.
12. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High-Top Sneakers in Velvet ($65): Leave it to the OG sneaker brand of the ’90s to unveil a high-top that’s both girly (the blush pink hue!) and sporty at the same time.
13. Chiara Ferragni Candy Street Slip-Ons ($290): A subtle (or not so subtle) wink-wink-nudge-nudge goes a long way.
14. Golden Goose V-Star 2 Sneakers ($515): Take to the streets with a pair of Golden Goose’s worn-in star-emblazoned velvet kicks that already have a bit of a cult celebrity following. Pair alongside a borrowed-from-the-boys letterman jacket for ’round-the-clock DGAF style.