Volumizing hair products are having a moment. It seemed like you couldn’t leave the house this spring and summer without spritzing on sea salt spray on your hair to give it instant beach babe texture, and this fall and winter, it’s all about the dry shampoo, especially when it’s too dang cold outside to get your hair wet! But when you do hit up the suds in the shower, there’s an easy way to give your locks a lift right then and there: volumizing shampoo. A must-have if you have thin or limp hair, think of it as the foundation to the big, bouncy locks of your dreams. Shop our 12 favorite below.
1. Drybar Texas Tea Volumizing Shampoo ($24): This shampoo is out to prove that everything is bigger in Texas, including — obviously — the hair. This formula promises to pump up the volume while still bringing fullness and smoothness to your hair.
2. Oribe Shampoo for Magnificent Volume ($39): The makers of the cult Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($42) know a thing or two about giving your roots a lift. This formula is perfect for hair that’s in need of a little body and shine.
3. Yarok Feed Your Volume Shampoo ($33/8 oz.): If all natural formulas are more your style then this vegan shampoo with a luxurious blend of herbs, flowers, vitamins and minerals is certain to impress.
4. PHYTO Phytovolume Volumizing Shampoo ($22): This product employs a set of ingredients that not only gives life to limp hair but also delivers a touchable, healthy shine.
5. R + Co Dallas Thickening Shampoo ($24): Our body might need coffee for a bit of energy but our hair calls for a different type of solution. This shampoo from R + Co provides thick, full volume that will wake up tired strands.
6. LUSH Big Shampoo ($28): Limp locks have met their match with this super clarifying shampoo. A formula based around sea salt (and lots of it!) washes away the dirt and grime without stripping your roots of natural oils, giving hair the boost it’s been looking for.
7. Rahua Voluminous Shampoo ($32): Another all natural beauty, this organic option gives your strands body and bounce using ingredients such as lavender and eucalyptus. The formula is so gentle it’s even safe for those with color treated hair.
8. John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo ($6): This product provides a far more affordable alternative for those looking to give their hair texture without breaking the bank.
9. Cold Spring Apothecary Basil and Hibiscus Volume Shampoo ($24): Basil and hibiscus might seem like strange items to find in a shampoo, but they’re each used brilliantly in this unique formula that focuses on the root of the volume problem — your scalp’s health.
10. Klorane Shampoo with Nettle ($20): Oily hair better watch out for this purifying hair cleanser. The foaming liquid helps to control oil production, leaving your mane fresher then ever.
11. Fresh Seaberry Revitalizing Shampoo ($26): Volume no longer needs to be synonymous with dried out tresses. Revitalize your strands with a nutrient-filled formula that not only gives your roots a lift but also helps to preserve vital moisture and shine.
12. LUSH Seanik Shampoo Bar ($12): Forget the bottle. This foaming shampoo bar has got you covered. Containing crazy cool ingredients such as seaweed, just one use of this blue bar will leave your mane squeaky clean.
Which of these volumizing shampoos could you see yourself using? Let us know in the comments below!