17 Natural Brands Your Hair Will Love
We can’t get enough of natural skincare, but we know our locks deserve some organic beauty help too. We’ve highlighted our fave natural shampoos and conditioners, and now we’re spotlighting the brands who bring all that wholesome goodness straight to our showers. Scroll on for some of our absolute favorites we have tucked in our beauty closets.
1. Rahua: Channel the power of the Amazon with this luxurious brand. This earth-friendly sustainable line was built in partnership with women from Amazonian nations to bring you the most natural, high-performing products available. The brand recently released a Defining Hair Spray ($37), a non-aerosol product that’s fast drying and 90 percent natural.
2. Captain Blankenship: Handcrafted in the Hudson Valley, Captain Blankenship’s products are made with love and care to give you organic options with lush, natural scents. The brand features an array of different skincare, body care and hair care products to meet your every need. You can even unleash your inner mermaid with their Sea Salt Hair Spray ($24), a rose- and aloe-infused spray that will give you the beach-y waves of your dreams.
3. True Nature Botanicals: Well known for its high-end natural skincare and body-care selection, the line recently added a Shampoo + Conditioner Hair Duet ($62) to their lineup. With stunning formulas that will work for all hair types, we can’t wait to see what other hair care products they’ll be cooking up in the future! (Photo via @tnbotanicals)
4. Josh Rosebrook: Created by celebrity hairstylist Josh Rosebrook, this eponymous line holds the key to the perfect (natural) hair day. His best-selling Lift Hair Texture + Volume Spray ($22) has a formula that will add a little extra body to your hair, as well as nourish it with good-for-you ingredients.
5. Tabitha James Kraan: Add a bit of UK style to your routine with this British-based hair brand. Thanks to US beauty subscription site Petit Vour, we can now get our hands on some of these beautiful products. The Organic Hair Cleanser ($36) is available in two scents (Amber Rose and Golden Citrus) and promises to leave your hair soft and clean without stripping it of those much-needed natural oils.
6. Lush: The all-natural black-packaged brand has some seriously amazing products for your ‘do as well as your bod. If you don’t think that color-treated, natural or blonde hair can step away from the sulphates, try one of our editor’s favorites, Blousey ($27).
7. Stop the Water While Using Me: Stop the water! That’s the message behind this cleverly named brand that backs up its eco-friendly status by emphasizing the need to cut back on water usage. Their Fennel Papaya Volumizing Shampoo ($17) is definitely a unique formula, one that’s perfect for wavy hair or any type in need of a little more volume.
8. Reverie: Looking for something eco-chic? Say hello to your new best friend, the gorgeous Cake Serum ($72), from the brand Reverie. This plethora of hair-healthy ingredients will cure any scalp ailments, leaving you with a noticeably better head of hair.
9. Cold Spring Apothecary: Cold Spring Apothecary offers its shoppers everything from skincare and fragrances to a no-nonsense line of haircare products. A stand out from the brand is their Clarifying Shampoo Apple Cider + Lavender ($22), an apple cider vinegar-infused formula that is guaranteed to lighten up oily locks.
10. Rare El’ements: A natural haircare brand from an experienced and dedicated salon professional? Count us in! They’ve got something for every ‘do need and concern. You can even give your locks a cocktail with their Marula Cocktail Leave-in Treatment ($38), a leave-in mist to give your hair a kick of hydration and shine all day long.
11. Sudsatorium: We adore Etsy beauty stores, and Sudsatorium is just one of our favorites. Want a scent that will make you smell your hair all day long? Try out the I Drink Your Milkshake Conditioner ($5) for a strawberry and vanilla fragrance infusion that will not only nourish your hair, but also leave it smelling like one seriously delicious milkshake.
12. Sans Ceuticals: That packaging, that name! How gorgeous is it? Sans Ceuticals is the self-proclaimed “next generation of beauty,” and with their sleek packaging designs and formulas, we’d have to agree. Their pH & Shine Corrector ($44) provides a great way to balance and maintain your ‘do, even keeping bright-colored hair shiny and slick.
13. Living Libations: Shailene Woodley is a self-professed fan of this line, and we can certainly see why. Don’t let the simple packaging fool you — these eco-friendly products pack a serious punch. Their Seabuckthorn Shampoo ($19) will help your hair achieve optimum shine while maintaining a healthy scalp. If it’s good enough for Shailene, then it’s certainly good enough for us!
14. Ahnesti: Need a natural hair product that will give you a weightless hold? Look no further than the Authoriti Whipped Paste ($29) from Ahnesti, a lightweight paste that will hold up all the beautiful updos you plan on achieving this fall.
15. Intelligent Nutrients: Another styling option comes from Intelligent Nutrients, an organic brand that promises not to compromise your health for the sake of style. Their Styling Pomade ($32) is the perfect way to help define curls and protect against heat styling.
16. EVOLVh: Say hello to the evolution of natural haircare with EVOLVh, a collection of cleansing, styling and conditioning products that are created with love in San Francisco. Even those with dyed hair will love their Healthy Hair Travel Duo ($15), which contains travel sizes of both their shampoo and conditioner. The pair work together to leave your hair looking absolutely dazzling.
17. Yarok: Feed your hair with superfood ingredients using this expansive line of hair products. As good for you as it is for the earth, Yarok is a 100-percent vegan brand that takes its green beauty status seriously. Their Feed Your Roots Mousse ($15) is the perfect way to repair damaged and limp hair, leaving you with enviably healthy locks.
Do you have a favorite natural haircare brand? Let us know any we missed in the comments below!