As much as we love the rustic wedding trend, it’s about time it gets replaced. And in its crowning position of Top Wedding Trend of the Moment comes a stark contrast — the watercolor-themed wedding. It’s soft. It’s feminine. It’s pretty. And we’ve got tons of eye candy and ideas on what would make yours better than the rest. Just peep below and get ready for every blog in the universe to pick up on your grand nuptials.
1. Invitations: First things first, you’re going to need invites. There are tons of beautiful creations out there, but we love these. Since watercolors tend to go the way of pinks and purples and reds, this is a welcome departure from, what you’ll shortly see, is the norm. (via Inspired by This)
3. Bridesmaid Dresses ($75): It’s watercolor. It’s tie-dye. It’s under $100. Basically, your bridesmaids are going to deem you the best bride ever.
4. Watercolor Inspired Chuppah: We’d happily say, “I do” under this dreamy chuppah. If you don’t want to get messy with paints, you can achieve a watercolor effect with the right color combination of strips of fabric placed side by side. (via Once Wed)
7. Birthday Bunting: Alright, so this party was set up for one lucky little five-year-old, but that bunting refuses to be ignored by brides-to-be. We know you have imagination. Use it to envision this applied to your wedding. (via The Handmade Home)
8. Table Setting Favor: Color us officially obsessed. There is no more fitting or fun wedding favor than giving your guests a set of paints and a brush tied together with colorful ribbon. (via Wedding Chicks)
10. Ombre Feather Backdrop: A note to our personal friends: Please throw this exact bridal shower for us. Ombre gives a nice watercolor effect. And this feather backdrop is making our hearts flutter. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. Hand Painted Backdrop: If you have the most beautiful photo booth backdrop in the world does that mean your guests will be on their best behavior in front of the camera? Let’s hope not. (via Southern Weddings)
13. Emerald Guest Book ($15): Not only is this guest book a steal, but it’s more attractive than 96.4 percent of the guest books out there. (Yes, that number is accurate.)
15. Bridesmaids Bouquets: Here at Brit + Co., we’re big fans of bridesmaids wearing different dresses that tie in together. And with this theme, you should be too. There are just so many fun and stunning dresses out there. Have lots of willing guests? Have them get in on the theme as well. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
16. Charla Printed Strapless Maxi ($180): If your best gals must be in floor-length gowns, we’ve got them covered… literally.
17. Bridal Bouquet: Okay, enough about the bridesmaids. Let’s get back to you. This bouquet is a visual watercolor wonderland of sweet peas, orchids and dusty miller and was designed by Nancy Liu Chin of San Francisco. (via Brides)
19. Floral Hem Dresses by Mango ($135): In case Vera Wang didn’t prove it with her line of black wedding dresses, the days of brides being regulated to all white are long gone. Also… how incredible would it be if you actually spent less than $200 (or less than $1,000 for that matter) on your wedding dress… and you could actually wear it again?! How do you say match made in heaven?
20. Tinted Purple Rosanna Perrone: If you just need to spend the bucks and you want something a little more dramatic, this big ball gown should help you make the entrance you’re looking to make. (via Wedding Inspirasi)
21. Bohemian Beach Pallets: You’re bound to your boho-branded self, we totally understand. Your barefoot beach wedding needs to have tables made of pallets, painted in pretty colors. Got it? Okay, good. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
27. Tablecloth: We absolutely love this subtle and pretty tablecloth, and it’s totally a project anyone can handle. As long as you have your color palette under control, then there’s absolutely no right or wrong answers. (via Style Unveiled)
28. Complete Table Setting: Your big day needs all of this. The tablecloths, the napkins, the menus, the table numbers and the menus. It’s one-stop wedding shopping here at Brit + Co., folks. (via Wedding Chicks)
Brushing up on your big bridal day? Paint us a picture in the comments below.