22 Wonderful Ways to Rock Watercolor
And when we say “rock watercolor,” we mean in your home as well as on your person. Painterly watercolor-style patterns have been popping up everywhere we look, so it’s only natural that we round a few of our favorite examples up for you to check out. From hot shoulder-less dresses to playful DIY postcards, here are 22 ways to hop on board the watercolor train.
1. Seashore Top ($28): Perhaps this is what a modern day Sally would wear to sell her seashells by the seashore?
4. Scale I Tee ($155): This cool number is a seriously modern take on mermaid or fish scales, and we love the pairing with white skinnies.
5. Painted Flower Skinny Jeans ($60): Speaking of skinny jeans, what do you think of these floral ones? Awesome floral pattern or too much?
8. Ilise Watercolor Printed Faille Wedge ($130): When in summer wedding style doubt, you can always turn to the wedge. This vibrant option would look great with just about any colorful dress.
9. Avian Watercolor Infinity Scarf ($30): Um… put a bird on it? We love when scarves have secret prints when unrolled.
11. Smartphone Case ($40): And, obviously, your smartphone needs to get in on this action. These are sort of like Rothko paintings in hyper-color, don’t you think?
12. Twelth St. Tote ($68): This beautiful Cynthia Vincent tote is definitely a grocery tote fit for a fashionista. If it’s big enough to double as a weekender, we’re totally on board.
13. Watercolor Postcards ($20): A DIY watercolor kit? Don’t mind if we do! This kit’s got everything you need to make a bunch of unique postcards, including tips on mixing colors.
14. Watercolor Party Invites ($18): These invites work for just about any occasion, and you could easily customize them a little bit more with your own watercolor handiwork.
15. Birthday Calendar ($30): We know that Facebook is probably your go-to when it comes to remembering friends’ birthdays, but we love the look of this birthday calendar as functional wall art.
16. Royal Doulton Dinnerware ($30 and up): Color block your dinnerware! This cool set of dishes is sort of like a sheer take on the color block trend – each dish looks like it was dipped in a watery paint wash.
17. Impressionist Tablecloth ($298): Don’t you kind of want to wear this tablecloth? The soft yellows and pops of purple and pink are perfect for summer.
18. Watercolor Pillow Covers ($20): These would make a great set together or as accent pieces in a room that’s already decorated. We wonder if you could do a little DIY take on these by watering down fabric paint.
19. Watercolor Storage Bench ($349): Now those are some bold hues! This storage bench would make a great statement piece in a neutral room, and can stow away all your blankets and extra pillows for guests.
20. Watercolor Peony Wallpaper ($148): Of course Anthropologie has watercolor wallpaper. This would be awesome for an accent wall in a bathroom.
21. Watercolor Feathers ($40): We’ll sneak one piece of wall art in here for a more traditional take on watercolor. We’re digging the graphic lines and patterns on these feathers.
22. Painted Hills Duvet Cover ($79-$89): Last, tuck yourself into this secret garden. It’s a bold choice for a duvet cover, but could easily bring a mismatched room right together.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)