Keeping hydrated is something you want to stay on top of come summertime. That’s why fruit-flavored waters have been such a game changer. A few minutes of chopping and you’ll have water that’s beautiful to look at and flavorful enough to tempt you to drink more and more. If you dig that hack, you’re going to love watermelon ice cubes. These frozen chunks of fruit are the perfect way to perk up your drink and cool it down at the same time. They’ll turn plain old sparkling water into a pretty summer cooler. Try ’em in a summer cocktail (or two). Bonus: When you reach the bottom of the glass, there’s a boozy chilled fruit to eat. Here are nine reasons to try watermelon ice cubes RN.
1. Sparkling Water With Watermelon Ice : Here’s the perfect way to perk up your water without adding lots of calories. Plus, it tastes so much better than all those fruit-flavored drinks with the fake sweeteners. Chop up a whole watermelon and toss the cubes into Ziplock bags. That way, you’ll always have some on hand. (via Taste and Tell )
2. Watermelon Vodka Limeade : Homemade limeade is super easy to make — just juice a few limes and add honey. Plop in a few watermelon ice cubes, and you’ve got yourself a summer cooler. Leave out the vodka for a kid-friendly pleaser. (via Naive Cook Cooks )
3. Watermelon Lemonade : It doesn’t feel like summer until we’ve made some lemonade. Toss in a few watermelon ice cubes for good measure. The cubes thaw gradually, without watering down your drink. (via Yellow Bliss Road )
4. Watermelon and Rosemary Ice Cubes : Who needs fancy bottled water when we’ve got this hack? Freeze watermelon and rosemary into ice cubes to add a fresh twist to the stuff from the tap. (via Premeditated Leftovers )
5. Sweet and Sour Vodka Club Cocktail With Watermelon Ice : When the farmers’ markets start bursting with big, juicy watermelons, it’s time to break out the cocktail glasses. A few squeezes of lemon and lime, some simple syrup and these tasty watermelon ice cubes and you’re good to go. (via Everyday Cooking )
6. Spicy Jalapeño Watermelon Margaritas : What’s better than a margarita with muddled jalapeño? That same drink chilled down with watermelon ice cubes. It’s that hot-sweet combo that gets us every time. (via Gimme Some Oven )
7. Minty Melon Breeze : This fruity, juicy cocktail with watermelon-mint ice cubes is perfect for summer parties. Mix watermelon pureé, vodka and any berry-flavored liquor. Then drop in a few of these infused ice cubes, and you’ll be in the chill zone. (via Evite )
9. Frosty Watermelon Dog Treat : Let’s not forget our furry friends this summer! These chilled dog treats are made with watermelon, coconut water and a drizzle of honey. Now you and your bud can cool down from that walk together. (via Pet Guide )
Like these summer life hacks? There’s more. Follow us on Pinterest .