This New Rug Aisle Decor Trend Is a Boho Wedding Dream
If you’re planning a boho wedding or want to add a touch of eclectic flair to your big day, area rugs are the latest decor trend to lay the groundwork (literally!) for the most important walk of your life. Just hit up your local antique store, estate sale, or Grandma’s house, and you’ll have everything you need for the prettiest wedding aisle in all the land. Scroll on for 13 ways to decorate that walk to meet your better half.
1. Boho Beauty: Mixing and matching similarly patterned rugs to create an eclectic aisle is the perfect way to play up your boho style. Bonus: Rugs can also be a cozy buffer between your beautiful wedding shoes and a gravel aisle. (via Colleen Stepanian / Green Wedding Shoes)
2. City Sleek: Want to bring a little natural beauty to an industrial space? Use rugs to transform your intimate ceremony into a hidden treasure in the middle of the big city. (via Danila Mednikov / Magnolia Rouge)
4. Wedding in the Woods: Your exit will look *so* much better when you use a rug as your runway. Pair ’em with a lush outdoor space and florals everywhere for a super Pinterest-worthy affair. (via Jessica Janae / By Tezza)
5. Dessert Duo: Even if you’re not tying the knot in the middle of a desert, you can still create your own magic carpet ride. Be sure to hit up all your local antique stores and estate sales for a style that completes all of your Moroccan wedding dreams. (via Meghan Kay Sadler / Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Outdoor Ceremony: Use layered rugs to create a special place for the two of you to exchange your vows. The textiles will help distinguish the ceremony location from the rest of the lawn. (via Cara Robbins Studio / Ruffled)
8. Mid-Century Modern: Add a pop of color to your ceremony with a deep red rug that demands just as much attention as the bride walking on it. Then incorporate modern white decor and accents for a more minimalist vibe. (via Sposto Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Mix + Match: When you can’t choose just one rug, make a collage of your faves. Opt for colors in the same family of warm or cool tones, so they don’t clash. (via Taylor Lord Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Industrial Beauty: Modern brides should opt for a collection of white fringed rugs sprinkled down the aisle. It’s a gorg minimalist take on the trend that will look great in any space. (via Studio La Fleur / 100 Layer Cake)
12. Country Chic: Match your rug to your theme or venue for a cohesive wedding style that’s alllll yours. You can add these vintage cowhides to your living room decor to be reminded of your happy day for years to come. (via Jodi Miller Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
13. Colorfully Classic: Contrasting your venue with bold rug colors can look magical in your wedding photos. The bright blues and pinks here really pop against the pine tree background. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous, on-trend wedding ideas.