These 13 Marinades Will Make Weeknight Dinners a Breeze
It may be hard to believe that a blend of oil, vinegar, herbs, and spices could change your weeknight meals, but it’s so true. Taking the (very little) time to marinate your proteins means that you’ll have a flavorful and tender product every time. Freezer-friendly dinner recipes are like gold, and a good marinade will make them a lot easier to come by. Imagine having a freezer stocked full of curry chicken, cilantro-lime beef, and teriyaki pork. These 13 quick marinades will make your weeknight dinners a breeze.
1. All Purpose Buffalo Chicken Marinade: Your favorite wing spot isn’t the only place you can find finger-licking Buffalo chicken. This marinade will allow you to make your own wings, grilled chicken, or even tofu any time you like. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
2. Coconut-Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade: You can easily get a taste of the tropics, even on a busy weeknight. Whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, and red pepper before submerging your chicken in the ultimate flavor bath. (via Family Food on the Table)
3. Yogurt Curry Chicken Marinade: Here, you’ll not only learn the recipe for this creamy curry marinade; you’ll get six other combinations that can go from the freezer to table. Make them in bulk, and they’ll last in the freezer up to six months. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
4. Garlic and Herb Salmon Marinade: Salmon and other fish benefit from simple marinades like this garlic and herb recipe. Don’t let it marinate for too long or the acids will start to cook the tender seafood. (via The Seasoned Mom)
5. Grilled Honey-Balsamic Chicken: If you want a marinade that’ll easily go with many sides, honey-balsamic should be your pick. Whether you want to go Italian or dress it up with mashed potatoes and broccoli, this one won’t disappoint. (via Homemade Hooplah)
6. Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork: Pair this zesty pork with black beans and fried plantains for an easy Cuban meal with zero fuss. If you have any leftovers, they’ll make an incredible sandwich the next day. (via The Food Charlatan)
7. Jamaican Jerk Marinade: Thanks to the Scotch bonnet pepper, this jerk marinade is surface-of-the-sun spicy. Brown sugar balances the heat with some sweetness, making whatever you pour it on ultra-flavorful. (via Cooking Maniac)
8. Killer Chicken Thigh Marinade: With an ambiguous title like that, you have to be curious what’s in this marinade. It starts out with some classic Asian flavors and gets a twist from maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce. (via iFood Blogger)
9. All Purpose Pineapple and Citrus Marinade: Blending whole fruit into your marinade is one of the best ways to introduce a naturally sweet flavor. Pineapple is great, in particular, because it contains an enzyme that breaks down meat to make it more tender. (via Food Above Gold)
10. Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade: Any protein would be delicious with this marinade, but a hearty tuna steak may just be the best. Serve with sticky rice, avocado, and cucumber for a deconstructed sushi bowl. (via Pinch Me I’m Eating)
11. Versatile Greek Marinade for Chicken, Pork, or Lamb: The perfect ratio of garlic, fresh and dried herbs, lemon, and olive oil will spruce up any meat. Try it on a lamb souvlaki with lots of pita and veggies. (via Figs and Feta)
12. Teriyaki Beef Marinade: Once you marinate your steak in this savory teriyaki sauce, you’ll never be able to go without it. Try it on a whole cut of meat or smaller chunks for even more absorption. (via Your Homebased Mom)
Follow us on Pinterest for more weeknight dinner recipes!