10 Delicious Marinades That Don’t Need to Sit Overnight
One of the easiest ways to pack your meal with a ton of flavor is through marinading. Letting your meat or vegetables soak in spices and sauces truly elevates them to the next level, and tastes oh-so perfect after some grilling. Although many marinade recipes need to sit overnight, you don’t always have the time to make that happen. The good news is that we’ve got your back. Here are 10 delicious recipes that marinate in two hours or less. Yes, you can whip these up tonight!
2. Pan Fried Lemon Tilapia: Put away the fish sticks! A simple mix of lemon, garlic and oregano is all you need to add flavor to this light white fish. It’s positively fool-proof! (via Taste of Divine)
3. Taco Pork Chops: No time? No problem. Spice up your life with a no-wait marinade of tomato sauce and taco seasoning. This marinade is poured over the chops as they simmer. (via The Hungry Hedgehog)
4. Ranch Steak With Onions + Mushrooms: A delicious mix of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and red wine makes ranch steak extra tasty and tender. This is an excellent choice for date night. (via Katherine Martinelli)
7. Blue Cheese Steak Salad: Marinating steak in “wasabiyaki” marinade (a super cool mix of soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger and wasabi) is an easy way to upgrade a simple steak salad. Add blue cheese to make it truly decadent. (via Olives + Garlic)
8. Marinated Sesame Tofu: In just an hour, you can pack a ton of flavor into your tofu. Start by soaking the “steaks” in a marinade of ginger, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Add a chic and crisp crust by rolling it in sesame seeds and panko crumbs. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Grilled Chicken With Blueberry Guacamole: Dress up your typical chicken breast with a Greek yogurt, lime, cumin, garlic and chipotle pepper marinade. Smother in blueberry (yes, blueberry) guacamole for a special treat. (via Barbells + Bellinis)
10. Sticky Chinese Chicken Wings: This marinade may have a lot of ingredients, including hoisin and oyster sauces, but it’s so worth it. 10 minutes is all it takes for these wings to get their flavorful kick. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
What’s your go-to marinade? Share your favorite recipe in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)