10 Wet Hair Styles for Saving Time While On-The-Go
One of spring’s biggest runway looks is shaping up to be one of this summer’s most statement-making hairstyles: wet locks and slicked back roots. We know, it’s one of those love it or hate it beauty trends, but when it’s done right, this grunge meets mermaid look is pretty freaking cool. On the fence? Maybe some of your fave models and A-listers can sway you to step away from the blow dryer. Stay tuned for DIY-able tips, but until then, see if these 10 wet hair looks will inspire you to make a splash in the months to come.
1. Surfboard Waves: And you’ve been after the secret to voluminous, bouncy curls this whole time? Beyoncé shows that this crimpy look is just as gorg. (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
3. Short Side Part: This summer, it’s all about the bob, and Victoria Beckham and Kristen Stewart are reminding us that there’s more than one way to style the classic cut. (via Celeb Haircut + Talking Makeup)
4. Twist It Up: This runway-worthy hair can easily translate into an everyday look. Just twist segments of your hair up and back to rock a similarly sophisticated ‘do. (via Bazaar)
7. Pretty Messy Wet: This is swoon-worthy inspiration for get-up-and-go hair, twisted into fine pieces and pulled back into a messy half-updo. (via Elle UK)
8. Wet Bun: It’s a look we all know all too well: the wet bun. But as Heidi Klum and this model show, it CAN look glamorous. Just own the look… and don’t wear it with yoga pants ;) (via Babble + Fashionising)
9. Go Grunge: These two supermodels from Bottega Veneta and Prada are flawless with the crunchy gel look that feels more like a ’90s style resurfacing in a much prettier way. (via Mirameyvestite + Marie Claire)
10. Retro Wet: This might be our favorite way to wear the wet hair look. The slick strands turn vintage-inspired waves into something that looks fresh and modern, and Anna Paquin and this model are our muses. (via Oyster + My Daily)
Would you give this hair trend a go? What other runway or A-lister hair trends have caught your eye lately? Tell us in the comments below.