Sorry, denim, but we are pretty sure that suede is going to continue to dominate our closets this entire season. Autumn is all about looking chic while staying comfy + cozy, and this untamed material is just what you need to hit that mark. It’s not too dressy — just a touch of polish — and its wild-at-heart spirit adds an eclectic edge to any ensemble. That’s why this fall, suede should be a style staple. Check out the 12 suede clothes, shoes and accessories you need to take on fall like a fashion girl.
1. ASOS Petite Pinafore Dress in Suede ($134): Haven’t you heard? A suede dress is the #1 must have of the season, no matter what your style. Wear this pinafore-style dress with a bell sleeved crop top to go full-on ’70s babe or give it a ready-for-fall spin over a thin chambray shirt.
2. Faux Suede Strappy Flats ($25): These polished suede flats are a more sophisticated take on girly Mary Janes. They’ll add the same cool edge to jeans or your trusty LBD.
3. Free People Atwood Suede Hobo ($198): An oversized bag is a must on any girl’s #musthavelist, so this season, make it suede. We’re going crazy for this ombre stunner that we can see rocking the Saturday flea market or brunching with your gals.
4. ASOS Curve A-Line Skirt in Suede With Zip Detail ($117): You really can’t get much trendier — or grab a much more versatile piece — than a suede mini skirt this fall. Wear with tights, loafers and a blouse to #girlboss it up for your nine-to-five, then switch to flirter kicks and an off-the-shoulder top for date night. It’s *that* easy.
5. Urban Outfitters Suede Bessie Heel ($79): These suede heels could be your go-to for nearly any outfit. Not only are they perfection paired with a jean or pencil skirt, joggers or work pants (that lilac color!), but they’re hella comfortable too.
6. Halton Dress in Olive ($88): This might be our favorite way to spruce up our work wardrobe (pumps or oxfords, take your pick). Look cool, chic and in charge with this toss-on-and-go wonder.
7. H&M Suede Boots ($70): It’s not fall without a pair of super hot ankle boots in your closet, and this season, these fringe-y steppers are our pick. Dress up a tee and jeans like that or give a fall feel to your more summery frocks.
8. Harlyn Suede Color Block Tee ($98): When colder weather strikes, meet your new favorite warm + elegant layer. Keep a jean jacket nearby for those first days of fall, then pair with a wool coat to up your sartorial texture game.
9. Zara Suedette Cutwork Skirt ($70): This pleated midi skirt is meant to be your new BFF. Get a few cocktails together or stay at home and veg on the couch with a bag of Cheetos. You will be looking good no matter what you do in this skirt.
10. Ann Taylor Suede Cropped Jacket ($348): Trade in that sleek leather jacket for something with just a little more personality this fall. We love the punch of color on this cropped topper.
11. Alice + Olivia Dina Suede Heel ($154): A pop of color is a must for the cooler, darker season. Even though the sun is going down earlier than we like (ugh), we can brighten up any day with a pair of these suede showstoppers.
12. Nasty Gal Mari Lace Up Top ($68): Add edge to any outfit this fall with a lace-up suede top. Truly, subbing this in for a plain white tee any day would get you major cool girl points any day.
How do you plan on styling suede this season? Tell us in the comments below!