12 Suede Style Staples You Need in Your Closet
Sorry, denim, but we are pretty sure that suede is going to continue to dominate our closets this entire season. Autumn is all about looking chic while staying comfy + cozy, and this untamed material is just what you need to hit that mark. It’s not too dressy — just a touch of polish — and its wild-at-heart spirit adds an eclectic edge to any ensemble. That’s why this fall, suede should be a style staple. Check out the 12 suede clothes, shoes and accessories you need to take on fall like a fashion girl.
1. ASOS Petite Pinafore Dress in Suede ($134): Haven’t you heard? A suede dress is the #1 must have of the season, no matter what your style. Wear this pinafore-style dress with a bell sleeved crop top to go full-on ’70s babe or give it a ready-for-fall spin over a thin chambray shirt.
2. Faux Suede Strappy Flats ($25): These polished suede flats are a more sophisticated take on girly Mary Janes. They’ll add the same cool edge to jeans or your trusty LBD.
3. Free People Atwood Suede Hobo ($198): An oversized bag is a must on any girl’s #musthavelist, so this season, make it suede. We’re going crazy for this ombre stunner that we can see rocking the Saturday flea market or brunching with your gals.
4. ASOS Curve A-Line Skirt in Suede With Zip Detail ($117): You really can’t get much trendier — or grab a much more versatile piece — than a suede mini skirt this fall. Wear with tights, loafers and a blouse to #girlboss it up for your nine-to-five, then switch to flirter kicks and an off-the-shoulder top for date night. It’s *that* easy.
5. Urban Outfitters Suede Bessie Heel ($79): These suede heels could be your go-to for nearly any outfit. Not only are they perfection paired with a jean or pencil skirt, joggers or work pants (that lilac color!), but they’re hella comfortable too.
6. Halton Dress in Olive ($88): This might be our favorite way to spruce up our work wardrobe (pumps or oxfords, take your pick). Look cool, chic and in charge with this toss-on-and-go wonder.
7. H&M Suede Boots ($70): It’s not fall without a pair of super hot ankle boots in your closet, and this season, these fringe-y steppers are our pick. Dress up a tee and jeans like that or give a fall feel to your more summery frocks.
8. Harlyn Suede Color Block Tee ($98): When colder weather strikes, meet your new favorite warm + elegant layer. Keep a jean jacket nearby for those first days of fall, then pair with a wool coat to up your sartorial texture game.
9. Zara Suedette Cutwork Skirt ($70): This pleated midi skirt is meant to be your new BFF. Get a few cocktails together or stay at home and veg on the couch with a bag of Cheetos. You will be looking good no matter what you do in this skirt.
10. Ann Taylor Suede Cropped Jacket ($348): Trade in that sleek leather jacket for something with just a little more personality this fall. We love the punch of color on this cropped topper.
11. Alice + Olivia Dina Suede Heel ($154): A pop of color is a must for the cooler, darker season. Even though the sun is going down earlier than we like (ugh), we can brighten up any day with a pair of these suede showstoppers.
12. Nasty Gal Mari Lace Up Top ($68): Add edge to any outfit this fall with a lace-up suede top. Truly, subbing this in for a plain white tee any day would get you major cool girl points any day.
How do you plan on styling suede this season? Tell us in the comments below!
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.