15 Parkas Perfect for Playing in the Snow
After last week’s Polar Vortex hit most of the 48 contiguous states, we’re officially convinced that it’s time to break out the winter gear. No, not the onesies — we’re talking about a proper winter coat to keep you warm and stylish so you can get out there and make snow angels and a snow family. Here are 15 furry and colorful parkas perfect for playing in the snow.
1. Green AEO Get Down Puffer Parka ($105): When American Eagle launched their line of winter wear for dogs, we were all over it. And they’ve got chic pieces for you, too. This down-filled army-green parka keeps your body warm with its longer length and encases your head in a sherpa-lined hood.
2. Bellfield Parka Jacket With Faux Fur Hood ($85): With this bright jacket, the holiday season won’t be so blue. The electric blue hue and striped rope ties of this jacket drew us to this jacket because… color.
3. ASOS Curve Parka With Leather Sleeve Detail ($76): Not ready to part from your moto jacket just yet? This parka’s leather sleeve detail is the perfect amount of edge to maintain your tough-gal status and keep you warm when it’s below zero.
4. J. Crew Tall Chateau Parka ($375): Did your SO just put a ring on it? Here’s a delicate, ultra feminine blush coat perfect for a winter engagement photo sesh. The A-line construction and stitching detail on the arms of this chic wool parka will look fab with a wintry white taffeta dress, LBD or sequined evening gown.
5. Barney’s Originals Check Mix Parka ($129): Keep the hipster vibe all winter long with this khaki parka. Our favorite detail is the sleeve and back panel of hunter green plaid. Is there anything flannel doesn’t look good on?
6. Somedays Lovin’ Be Good Hooded Parka ($169): The loose, relaxed fit of this parka is perfect for piling on layers to brave the cold.
7. Madewell Penfield Kasson Parka ($198): The folks at Penfield are pros at making weather-resistant winter wear, and hello, we’re loving that checkerboard lining. With pockets galore (meant for carrying snacks), this one’s meant for exploring hikes with your bestie, the kids or the dog.
8. Southwestern-Patterned Toggle Parka ($73): If you’re not willing to shell out $1,500 for Blake Lively’s designer statement coat, here’s an equally eye-catching lookalike at a major fraction of the cost.
9. Members Only X UO Faux Fur-Lined Parka ($229): Military green is our new neutral for winter. And its faux fur lining can be removed and worn as a long-line vest, so you’re really getting two pieces of outerwear in one.
10. Lands’ End Quilted PrimaLoft Plaid Parka ($80): Staying warm this winter doesn’t have to mean layering up and walking around like the Michelin Man. The belt and princess seams in the waist of this quilted parka accentuate your natural figure, and the structured shoulders and sturdy collar add angles in all the right places.
11. ASOS Premium Parka in Linen ($85): For some of us, the holidays requires jetsetting to see family and friends, but there’s nothing worse than having to deal with bulky coats, or worse, having to squeeze them into our luggage. Keep your cool this winter in this European cut jacket.
12. Lands’ End Shimmer Down Parka ($179): We have to admit, one of our favorite things about winter wear is getting to accessorize with scarves and gloves, and this navy coat is the perfect canvas. The water-repellent parka is stuffed with one of the lightest and warmest down fills, and it’s got fleece-lined sleeves and pockets, too.
13. Borg Lined Padded Parka Jacket ($149): This isn’t just another military green winter coat; this number features a wool hem and sleeve paneling, adding juxtaposition to its cotton exterior. After a long morning of shoveling snow and building snow forts (and using them), you can throw this coat in the washing machine to freshen it up for another use.
14. ASOS Parka in Cocoon Fit With Knitted Cuff ($152): This purple parka makes even the bleakest snowy days bright. Layering isn’t a problem with this coat’s roomy fit, and you can pull the drawstring ties together to create a waist.
15. B+AB Parka With Quilted Detail and Detachable Vest ($110): Here’s another two-in-one parka for ya. This time it’s a cropped puffer vest with a faux fur lining.
How are you staying warm this winter? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)