10 Winter Wedding Decor Ideas That Create a Cozy-Chic Ceremony and Reception
There’s something magical about winter nuptials. Gently falling snow, an excuse to snuggle during the ceremony, and a cocktail reception with hot toddies — it’s like an extra holiday! Stoke the fires of your imagination with winter wonderland decor and get inspired by these cozy, glam ideas for your big day.
1. Swagged Greenery Garlands: Drape them throughout the reception area, or along the aisle of your ceremony space. The lush greenery, corralled by gold and white ribbons, creates a frosty scene. (via Monika Hibbs)
2. Jingle Bells: Wedding bells aren’t the only jingle you’ll be hearing! Even after Christmas has come and gone, this seasonal spin on the tradition is just perfect for your theme. (via Tec Petaja Photography / Jessica Sloane)
3. Evergreen Flower Arrangements: Instead of using greenery only, layer in white and soft pastel blooms. There are plenty of seasonal florals that add dimension to the arrangements, and they won’t look out of place either. (via Sacramento Street)
4. Geode Table Numbers: Milky whites and warm natural hues mixed with a brass number make for an unexpected and functional table centerpiece your guests will want to take home. (via Kristen Dee Photography / Utterly Engaged)
5. Copper Beverage Bar: The reddish and orangey colors of copper are the perfect complement to wintry drinks on tap. Your guests will love a chance to warm their hands and raise a toast to the happy couple. (via Cat Meyer Studio / Stone Wood Vintage)
6. Wild Rose and Sparrow Kissing Ball ($28): Place mistletoe, dotted with pearls and silk ribbons, in the all the doorways and arches of your event space. Before long, you won’t be the only ones kissing.
7. Gilded Floral Accents: Balance all the cool tones and natural whites of the season by adding a rich metallic statement maker to your tablescape. The glam accent is also perfect for a wedding buffet or bar. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
8. Reindeer Place Card Holder: Glittery forest critters are the whimsical place card holders your tabletop needs. You can even DIY them in batches with your bridesmaids. (via Front + Main)
9. Snuggle Essentials: Placing blankets on the seats, or having a basket of extra shawls handy, is how you keep your guests from freezing their buns off during the outdoor portion of your big day. (via Monika Hibbs)
10. Sheepskin Chair Covers: Create a luxurious feeling with sheepskin throws and pillows on the chairs. And if you’re just coming in from outside, your guests will thank you. (via Damask & Dentelle)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Looking for more wedding decor inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest.