17 Ways to Dress for Work Like a #GirlBoss
We’re told to dress for the job we want, right ladies? So whether you clock in at a casual startup or spend your 9-to-5 in a more traditional office space, fall is the perfect season to turn up your work wardrobe, and that sometimes means putting on a suit. But not those dusty trousers and blazer with shoulder-pads-bigger-than-pillows that have been hanging in your closet since your first-ever job interview. We’re talking about modern cuts, tons of color and tailored pieces fierce enough to outfit the best of the #girlbosses. Check out these 17 suits that get the job done.
1. Matching Blazer and Ankle Pants ($160): Hot pink in the house! Yep, this magenta team will make sure you get the recognition you deserve (and more!) when you’re in and out of the office.
2. Annabel Blazer ($128): A blazer in an unexpected pattern like this cheetah printed piece is the perfect addition to a closet full of the necessary staples. Pair it with a pop-of-color dress and you’re good to go.
3. Suit Pants ($35): It’s the little details that really make an outfit. Something as simple as a black stripe can make an otherwise basic pair of pants worth gabbing about around the coffee machine.
4. Taplow Blazer (free 30-day membership): A muted pattern like this marbled print makes it easy to mix and match with things you already have in your closet. That means you’ll become besties with your snooze button since it’ll take you no time to throw on a wow-worthy outfit.
5. Croc Textured Jacket ($110): A colored blazer in a bright hue can make your basic whites, blacks and grays look new again. It’s an easy style hack that makes it feel like you’ve got a whole new work wardrobe at your disposal!
6. Cream Gold Button Blazer ($179): Monochromatic doesn’t always have to mean all black, and let’s be real, the no white after Labor Day myth has been debunked for some time now. Keep it cool and collective in head-to-toe cream. But if you just have to have a little color, you could always throw on a bright lipstick or colorful pumps.
7. Cigarette Pants ($58): Tapered cigarette pants are the office pant refresh you’ve been waiting for. Once you try on a pair of these babies, there’s no going back!
8. Tweed One Button Jacket and Skirt ($268): Adding a statement belt at your natural waist can make your muted blazer look brand-new. Pair it with an effortless messy bun and a cute clutch and you’ll go from your cubicle to happy hour with ease.
9. Windowpane Plaid ($175): Add a little sass to your suit with an all-over pattern. The basic colors and blown-up graphics make this suit both approachable and versatile — each piece will look just as good on their own as they do together.
11. Flower Power Jacket and Skirt ($136): The furthest thing from a typical suit, this flowery set will brighten up your day and have you actually looking forward to getting ready in the morning.
12. Navy Blazer ($159): The dark hue adds just a hint of color to outfits where a black blazer would make your outfit feel too drab. Since it will never go out of style (navy is the new black), this is one jacket that’s worth the investment.
13. Mono Palm Blazer and Pants ($57): If you’re lucky enough to work in an office that allows a few liberties when it comes to the dress code, than you better take advantage with this tropical twosome.
14. Belted Jaquard Jacket ($60): A belted jacket is a nice departure from the standard buttoned blazer. Rock with jeans to keep the look cool.
15. Tile Lagoon Blazer and Cigarette Pants ($200): Reimagine your definition of a suit with this patterned pair. Are you swooning over this baby blue set as hard as we are?
16. Watercolor Floral Print Set ($145): The farthest thing from a boring suit, this floral two-piece will no doubt turn heads. There’s just something about a pretty floral pattern that we just can’t get enough of.
17. Herringbone Blazer ($50): An instant classic like this black and white blazer is one that will be around for the long haul, but it still manages to make a statement each time you wear it. Pair it with pants or your favorite colorful dress — either way you won’t be disappointed.
Which look suits you best (see what we did there)? How do you reinvent your work look on the daily? Do suits + blazers play a part of it? Let us know in the comments!