17 Pieces of Workout Gear That You Can Actually Wear to Work
With the arrival of athleisure, gymwear has managed to infiltrate our wardrobes in the most unexpected ways. Who would have thought that your downtime joggers would be at the core of a night-out ensemble or sneakers would give polished pumps a run for their money? It’s even snuck into the office, playing a supporting role to nine-to-five heavy hitters like blazers and button-downs. Everyday pieces crafted with a sports-chic edge have been easy to work into your everyday rotation, but legit activewear isn’t as straightforward. If you want to take the plunge and work a few gym-ready separates into your work-wardrobe rotation, like wearing joggers to work, the gear below is chic enough to earn you bonus points in the boardroom and then power you through a killer workout after hours.
3. Chichi Active Charlize V-Neck Drawstring Tank ($83): Trade out traditional camis for tanks with hints of athletic flair, like mesh paneling and drawstring pulls. Stick with solid, neutral colors to make mixing and matching an effortless exercise.
4. Outdoor Voices Running Woman Sweats ($95): Joggers are one of the easiest pieces of activewear to work with, given their trouser-like style. For a more laid-back yet dress-code-compliant look, rock ’em with a half-tucked, oversized turtleneck sweater, drop earrings and classic pumps.
5. NikeLab X Sachai Tech Fleece With Pleated Back ($325): Sweatshirts would typically be classified as an on-duty don’t, but elevated embellishments like flowing pleated panels make the casual top a welcome addition to any at-the-office ensemble.
6. Lululemon Karmic Cocoon Wrap ($198): This heavy-knit topper is bomb for your studio commute, but it also offers an ultra-cozy way to combat cool cubicles. Wear it wrapped up with a pencil skirt, understated cuff and chunky heeled kicks.
7. Adidas Stella McCartney Barricade Jacket ($100): Your go-to warmup jacket gets on-the-clock ready when teamed with high-waisted trousers and elegant blouses. Bye-bye, blazers.
8. Community Cebu Pant ($75): Make utilitarian joggers feel like a million bucks with a sleeveless longline tunic and heeled ankle boots. Statement chokers or collar necklaces highly recommended.
9. Kira Grace Roma Illusion Tank ($78): Tanks with modern detailing like illusion necklines and mesh panels are perfect for making daringly low-cut dresses work appropriate. Wear with over-the-knee boots that hide under your midi skirt.
10. COS Zip Layer Collar Dress ($175): Rushed mornings call for simple pieces that are effortless but don’t disappoint in the style department. This throw-on-and-go dress can easily be dressed up with bold metallic belts, statement jewelry and of-the-moment mules.
11. NikeLab Sculptural Crew ($175): Skip the stodgy sweater and opt instead for a sweatshirt with serious style street cred. Printed panels and a bold cobalt hue make the top feel serious without looking boring. Pair it with everything from maxi skirts to tailored trousers.
12. Adidas Studio Pullon ($400): This architectural piece feels like a work of art. Tuck up the hood and layer this bad boy over a midi skirt or polished pants for a head-turning alternative to suiting separates.
13. TNA Kinesis Pant ($85): Inject a note of throwback flair into your everyday look by swapping out standard dress pants for these flared numbers. Style with a longline tunic and blazer, accented with a lariat necklace and platform loafers.
14. Nike Ballet Wrap ($70): You plow through that to-do list with elegance and grace — shouldn’t your wardrobe do the same? Top off a pair of high-waisted trousers or a structured midi skirt with a ballet-inspired wrap and femme baubles.
15. Outdoor Voices Simple Bra Tank ($65): Strappy tanks, whether classic or athletically inspired, are always a welcome addition to any wardrobe. Layer it under sweaters and skirts on laundry day when you’re in a pinch.
16. Nike Leg-a-See Printed Leggings ($50): Use graphic leggings to add depth and drama to a structured tunic, sweater or shirt dress. Style with ankle boots and a swipe of bright lipstick for a polished yet modern finish.
17. Puma Aril TT Sneakers ($75): Looking for a more subtle way to pull off dress-code-yielding sneakers? Stick with solid black or subtle graphic prints.