Your wedding day gets all of the fanfare (and the majority of the budget), but don’t forget about that honeymoon. Not only is it your first trip as a married couple, but it’s also a chance to relax after the big day, and trust us — you’ll need a little R&R.
With an all-inclusive honeymoon package, you literally get it all. These 16 perfect places to honeymoon cover everything — at less than $5k — so you can relax in paradise with a cocktail in hand and not a worry in the world.
1. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita: Customize your experience at this dreamy resort in Riviera Maya to fulfill exactly what you and your lovebird want. You can ride horses, hit the spa, go out on guided tours or sit down for a fancy meal, although you might have a hard time leaving the incredible pool behind. Plan your romantic getaway for only $87 per person, per night. (via Zoetry)
2. Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Resort: Imagine this: You’re grabbing a drink at a bar that overlooks the ocean in Cabo when a whale leaps from the water in front of you. This magic can happen at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Resort, which boasts its own whale-watching bar. You can also sip drinks by the 13,000-square-foot pool that’s shaded by leafy, bright-green palms. Book this whale of a good time for prices starting as low as $129 PP/PN. (via Sandos)
3. Meliã Caribe Tropical: When booking with Meliã Caribe Tropical, just know that every room at this luxe hideaway is a sweet suite. You could keep yourself busy for days on end with the slew of activities available, including mixology workshops, shiatsu massage and dance classes. You could also spend a day checking out each of the eight outdoor pools, or lounging on the beautiful beaches of Punta Cana. You can have all that and more for prices starting at $88 PP/PN. (via Meliã)
4. Barceló Langosta Beach: The Barceló Langosta Beach sits on a Costa Rican beach that’s kept private by a rainforest and national park at its edge. You’ll certainly be enjoying the simple life here, at least as far as all-inclusive resorts are concerned. The $180 PP/PN cost gets you a gorgeous room with ocean or bay views. (via Barceló)
5. Paradisus Punta Cana: An all-inclusive package at this luxe resort in the Dominican Republic includes all of your eats, drinks, dance classes and scuba-diving sessions. You’ll have to dedicate a day to exploring the grounds too, since it’s home to flamingos and turtles. Get it all for $146 PP/PN. (via Meliã)
6. Sunscape Sabor Cozumel: Scuba divers, listen up: This resort has access to the world’s second largest system of coral reefs. Of course, you can fill your schedule with less strenuous honeymoon activities, such as lazing by the pool, shopping or paddling to the resort’s swim-up bar. Plan this getaway for just $200 PP/PN. (via Sunscape)
7. Sandals Negril: Rent a private cabana at Sandals Negril and you’ll never want to come home. You’ll have a private concierge waiting on you hand and foot. Of course, you can get moving too. Free activities include knee-boarding, hydro-biking, sailing and glass-bottom boat tours. Get in the Jamaican spirit for just $261 PP/PN. (via Sandals)
8. Occidental Grand Aruba: The higher price tag is worth it at Occidental Grand Aruba, which ranks as one of the area’s most luxurious all-inclusive resorts. You can have everything your heart desires, whether it’s breakfast in bed with champagne and strawberries or massages and a deluxe guest room. Enjoy this lavish honeymoon for $249 PP/PN. (via Occidental)
9. Secrets St. James Montego Bay: With each room richly decorated and outfitted with a king-sized bed, whirlpool tub, balcony and free minibar, Secrets is the ultimate lap of luxury. If you can manage to leave, you’ll find your classic Caribbean pastimes waiting for you. Make beachy memories for $222 PP/PN. (via Secrets)
10. Coral Beach Hotel & Resort: A trip to Coral Beach Hotel & Resort will have you flying halfway across the world to Cyprus. You’ll find that the trek is worth it, though, as the resort sits just next to the UNESCO-protected Akamas peninsula and all of the stunning, surreal vistas of the Mediterranean that come with it. The hotel itself is also a sight for post-wedding eyes: It maintains the country’s style of architecture, which of course is just as beautiful. You can see it all for $144 PP/PN. (via Coral Beach)
11. Royal Decameron Golf Beach Resort & Villas: The Royal Decameron Golf Beach Resort & Villas in Panama is the poster child of what an all-inclusive resort should be. Let’s break it down: one mile of secluded beach, eight pools, a swim-up bar, free paddleboards, bumping nightlife and more. For only $106 PP/PN? Count us in! (via Decameron)
12. Occidental Grand Papagayo: If you really want to relax, head to the Occidental Grand Papagayo, which is tucked away in the rainforest of Costa Rica. Its seclusion is amplified by its location on the Pacific Coast side of the country, which is known to be super peaceful. It also has an adults-only policy, so you can sip that cocktail in peace. And you only have to pay $90 PP/PN! (via Occidental)
13. Sandals Halcyon Beach: The Sandals name carries a lot of weight when it comes to honeymoons. That’s because travelers know that these resorts have a seemingly endless slate of activities to enjoy. You can scuba dive, kayak, windsurf, hit the whirlpool, swim up to two bars, get a massage, sing karaoke, watch a talent show, listen to live music, play croquet, go on an excursion… you name it. Book this Saint Lucia hot spot for as little as $240 PP/PN. (via Sandals)
14. Excellence Resorts Riviera Cancun: You can find pure relaxation at Excellence Resorts Riviera Cancun thanks to the hotel’s adults-only policy. The entire resort revolves around a centerpiece of six winding pools, where you’ll probably find yourself spending a lot of quality time. Of course, there’s more than just swimming: You can take a yoga class, snorkel in the Caribbean or see a show while you’re there. Have it all for $206 PP/PN. (via Excellence Resorts)
15. Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort: This Sandals resort brings you to an out-of-the-ordinary Caribbean destination: Grenada. It’s making a name for itself among the top destinations of the world because of its pristine beaches and stunningly blue waters. As mentioned above, a trip to Sandals means an endless itinerary of activities, meals and beverages to try. Get on it! Prices are down to $340 PP/PN, but that sale won’t last forever. (via Sandals)
16. Galley Bay Antigua: A day at Galley Bay might go a little something like this: outdoor breakfast overlooking the ocean, sea turtle-watching while scuba diving, a splash beneath the pool’s waterfall and a romantic sunset dinner. There’s also a spa and salon, as well as tours and excursions, so you won’t have any trouble filling your itinerary for the days you’ll be in Antigua. Prices start at $360 PP/PN, but it’s so worth it. Book now and you can save 35 percent. (via Galley Bay)
Have you stayed at any of these places? Any other affordable vacation spots we should know about?