For all of the bad news that proceeded and unfolded during the 2016 summer games in Rio, we’ve gotta give it to them — these Olympics kept us captivated from start to finish. From record-setting displays of athleticism, to redefining #squadgoals, to the memes, those two weeks were a big part of our summer. Now that they’re over, there’s a void. So why not use these inspiring images as a vision board for when you’re missing your Olympics buds?
1. When Usain Bolt and Andre DeGrasse had the greatest bromance of all time. (Photo via Ian Walton/Getty)
2. When Simone Biles literally defied gravity. (Which time?) (Photo via Clive Brunskill/Getty)
3. When Sarah Robles became the first American to win a medal for weightlifting since 2000. (Photo via Laurence Griffiths/Getty)
4. When Chad le Clos reminded us all to keep our eyes on our own paper. (Photo via Adam Pretty/Getty)
5. When Nikki Hamblin helped Abbey D’Agostino across the finish line after she got injured. (Photo via Ian Walton/Getty)
6. When Isadora Cerullo got engaged to her girlfriend and said she wanted people to know that love wins. (Photo via David Rogers/Getty)
7. When David Katoatau danced after every weightlifting move even though he didn’t win anything. (Photo via Tom Pennington/Getty)
Which Olympic moment was your fave? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Ian Walton/Getty)