Making your wedding day as unique as you and your betrothed can be such an exciting challenge. Beyond cake toppers and color schemes, exploring alternatives to wedding cake is a great way to go. These 15 recipes serve up the hottest pastry trend right now: pie. You can go classic and all-American like LC did with her wedding apple pie or borrow a similar, layered look to cake with a stacked creation, and so much more!
2. Blueberry, Coconut and Lemon Stack Pie: You only need a tiny sliver of this multi-layered pie to satisfy your sweet tooth. A layer of lemony frosting spread between each allows for a more sturdy construction, and adds a welcome amount of flavor at the same time. (via SBS Feast Magazine)
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie: Using a pre-made pie shell means this fluffy peanut butter mousse and chocolate frosting creation couldn’t be much easier to make. Major bonus: No baking required! (via Foodness Gracious)
6. Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets: We’re loving how simply arranging apple slices vertically transforms them into almost rose-like creations. It’s a great way to incorporate a little more floral action into your day without spending a whole lot. (via Platings and Pairings)
9. Raw Coconut Cream Dream Pie: You only need a handful of ingredients to make this delightfully creamy and nutty no-bake pie. Add a few edible flowers as a garnish to make it even more worthy of a wedding. (via Lyndsey Eden)
12. Key Lime Pie Pops: Add some tropical flair to your big day with these salted-chocolate-covered key lime pie pops. Employing a few healthy ingredient swaps makes them surprisingly healthy, yet no less delicious than their full-fat counterparts. (via Feedfeed)
13. Banana-Chocolate-Coconut-Cream Stack Pie: If banana cream pie isn’t your style, feel free to swap it out by going with a double (or triple) batch of bourbon-spiked chocolate cream instead. (via Sifting Focus)
14. Mini Fudge Brownie Tarts: We’d totally abandon tradition entirely in favor of brownies baked in a buttery crust. Topped with a dollop of hot fudge sauce and a sprinkle of chopped nuts, all that’s missing is a nice scoop of ice cream. (via Urban Bakes)
What kind of pie would you consider inviting to star in your big day? Share your faves with us below!