Flowers are gonna start popping anytime now… we swear. But until that actually happens, you can get started on adding florals into your life with our good old trusty friend named paper. We’ve dug up some inspiration for your spring greening, and who knows? You might be so pleased with these long-lasting options that you could totally forget to get down and dirty with real-life soil. That wouldn’t be so bad, now would it?
1. Tissue Napkin Ring ($2): There are a lot of paper flower napkin rings out there, but Sarah Garris takes hers a step further by incorporating more color and really getting down to the root of the details.
9. Shimmering Flowers Confetti ($8): Speaking of confetti… there can never be enough of it in the world.
10. Anthropologie Summer Window Decor: If there’s anyone who knows how to rock paper anything and everything, it’s the visuals team at Anthropologie. This is something they came up with a few years back — petals fluttering through the air. (via Inspiration Notebook)
11. Paper Flowers with Vintage Lace ($80): The obvious thing to do with these florals is to use them for your wedding. The better thing to do would be to use them as an installation piece in your home.
15. Tissue Paper Backdrop: Yeah, yeah. You’ve seen your fair share of tissue paper flowers, and you’re kind of over them. But then you saw this, and you’re not. Look what happens when you clump tons of them together in all different colors! Those old feelings come flooding back. (via Style Me Pretty)
17. Buy and Collage: Of course a bride from A Beautiful Mess would design such a world of whimsy. We like that you can buy these pieces at your local party store, then just go crazy with double-stick tape or glue dots. (via Style Me Pretty)
21. Red Hat: As you may notice from the picture, the creator of this paper piece, Eloise Corr Danch, has the Midas touch when it comes to papel curiosities. This is a piece she did for Vogue China. We’re reeling. (via Eloise Corr Danch)
22. Paper to Petal: Wife and husband team Rebecca Thuss and Patrick Farrell are into photography and, apparently, paper. And turning that paper into flowers. They literally wrote a book on the subject. You should probably buy it. (via Paper to Petal)
23. Epic Wreath: This shoot was actually to highlight this bridesmaid dress. Quick tip for all stylists on the planet: Make sure you don’t use a background this lovely… we didn’t realize there was even a person in the shot for the first five minutes. (via One Lovely Day)
24. Midsummer Light ($116): Fantastic name for a fantastic light.
27. Chanel Fashion Show: Do you guys remember a few years back when Chanel crafted this totally awesome, over-the-top show? It was all white, and there were so many paper floral elements — from the clothes to the staging to some pretty fantastic headpieces. We just hope those poor little models didn’t go home with a load of paper cuts. (via Style Ex)
Ready to pick up the proverbial garden shovel? Plant your thoughts in the comments below.