It’s peanut butter jelly time! Even though you’re a full-blown adult now (R.I.P., adolescence), the taste of peanut butter and jelly together is one of the most nostalgic flavors you can imagine. Now that your kitchen skills go further than spreading condiments on bread, you can cook up any peanut butter and jelly treats you like. Imagine peanut butter and jelly for breakfast in a smoothie or a quesadilla for lunch — the possibilities are endless. Scroll down to find 16 ways to enjoy a PB & J that go *way* beyond a sandwich.
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake: This peanut butter-infused cake with sweet strawberry jam filling and a brown sugar peanut butter buttercream is the ultimate sophisticated PB & J dessert. The frosting tastes just like honey-roasted peanuts, so you know you’re in for a treat. (via The Cake Blog)
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread: Why put peanut butter and jelly on your bread when you can put it in your bread? Bake up this banana loaf and have it for an on-the-go snack any time you like. (via Taste and Tell)
4. Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches: Peanut butter cookies make the perfect base for creamy, jam-swirled ice cream. Get fancy and make your own gourmet jam to step up your ice cream sandwich game. (via The Floating Kitchen)
5. Homemade Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups: Gone are the days that peanut butter had to live inside of a candy cup. This time, it gets a front row seat as the outside coating, and your favorite jam oozes from within. If only you could buy these at a convenience store in a two-pack… (via Handmade Charlotte)
6. Peanut Butter and Jelly Pull Apart Bread: With only three ingredients and 10 minutes, you can make this seriously delicious pull-apart bread with ease. It’s best served straight from the oven and with a glass of milk. (via Hello, Wonderful)
7. Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars: Crunchy peanuts mixed with creamy peanut butter and tart raspberry jam is a perfect sweet and salty symphony of flavors. Wrap these up individually so you can throw them in lunch boxes in a flash. (via Girl Versus Dough)
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumb Muffins: The great thing about a PB & J is that you can pick whatever jam or jelly you want. Thankfully, the same goes for these crispy crumb muffins. Try using a blackberry or fig jam for a *unique* change. (via How Sweet It Is)
10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie: If you need something light yet hearty to fill you up before a morning workout, this smoothie will be your best friend. PB will keep you full for hours, and the fresh berries add a quick boost of vitamins that will give you instant energy. (via Go Dairy Free)
11. Peanut Butter and Jelly Donuts: Jelly-filled donuts are already the best, so it only makes sense to top them with a nutty peanut butter glaze. Seriously, you have to try these to understand how delicious they are. (via Heather Christo)
12. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake: Full disclosure: You will *never* be able to eat a PB & J sandwich the same way again after trying this cheesecake. It’s thick, rich and full of all that classic flavor… and then some. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
13. Peanut Butter and Jelly Dip: You never knew your parties were missing the ultimate dessert dip until now. Top it with chopped peanuts and serve with pretzels and crackers for a sweet and salty contrast. (via Taste and Tell)
14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes: Kids and adults will both be requesting these cupcakes for their birthdays from now on. They’re light and fluffy, with that classic all-American taste we all know and love. (via A Helicopter Mom)
15. Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oatmeal: It’s always fun when you can go to bed excited about a breakfast that’ll be waiting for you in the morning. It’s absolutely delicious, and full of omega-3s and fiber to keep you full and focused all morning. (via Delish Knowledge)
16. Peanut Butter and Jelly Steel Cut Oatmeal: Fresh strawberries and chopped peanuts mimic the flavors of peanut butter and strawberry jelly while adding a different texture to the dish. Give yourself 20 minutes in the morning to fix this and you won’t be sorry. (via The Cookie Rookie)
Follow us on Pinterest for more unique recipe ideas.