Halloween is clearly the best time of year at Brit + Co. It’s the time when we get to flex our creativity muscles and DIY some of our favorite costumes. From power couple Hillary and Bill to Stockholm-syndromed Beauty and the Beast, we’ve got you covered, even those who don’t have time or budget to craft a costume of their dreams.
Check it. This amazing flapper outfit (comprised of this headpiece and this dress) is your new Halloween BFF. Not only is it under $40, but it also is available via Amazon Prime, meaning it gets delivered to your door for FREE in TWO days. Give us your lazy, your poor, your last-minute-Halloween-planning asses… we got you! Add a string of pearls, some sexy shoes and you’re ready to go. The best part about this costume is that you can totally wear it again (New Year’s Eve party, done!). So brush off your dancing shoes and Charleston your way to a night of fun.
This costume is the bee’s knees! It’s enough to make a girl dance and shout.
Look at this dress, tho. Watch how it swings, sways and sparkles!
We are obsessed with this headpiece. It’s the perfect look to bring back the feel of the Roaring Twenties.
Take your costume to the next level with these few makeup tips from our beauty pro Misty Spinney:
Misty’s Tips for Flapper Hair:
- Start off by setting your hair in pin curls using a small iron wand and pinning them in place so your curls can cool off.
- Once your curls are cool, pull the pins out and gently comb through them with your fingers to fluff them up.
- Place a heavy part, throw on your head piece and then pin up your curls into a faux bob for that vintage sass!
Misty’s Tips for Flapper Makeup:
- Keep your base makeup soft and slightly pale. No need to over bronze but definitely hit the apples of your cheeks with a peachy-pink blush!
- Ditch the over blending here — the ’20s are all about that bold drama. Go big with a deep black and charcoal eye where you focus the black in the crease really heavily.
- Keep the charcoal on your eyelids and then pop a bright cream shadow on the inside corners of your eyes to brighten.
- Fully line your eyes with a black eyeliner and then lash up with some falsies to balance those bold babies!
- Keep your brows and lips equally as bold by drawing in a slightly deeper brow than your natural hue and your lips with a liner to really enhance your cupid’s bow (if you don’t have a pronounced one fake it here).
I don’t know about you, but it’s looking pretty spot on.
Show us your flapper costume by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Author: Lindsay Saito
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Makeup and Hair: Misty Spinney
Photography: Kurt Andre
Modeling: Ashley Reed