We love learning more about the ingredients in our skincare, especially when those ingredients are superfoods that we also eat. Papaya, the latest beauty craze, is a superfood that not only tastes amazing but also contains alpha-hydroxy-acids (AHAs), enzymes that act as a natural, gentle exfoliant for your skin. This superfruit is also rich in antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamins B and C and carotenes, which are all absolutely essential to healthy, beautiful skin. Check out the amazing products below that contain this powerhouse ingredient.
1. A Summer in Hossegor Facial Oil ($149): This facial oil addresses a number of skin concerns, but the main problem it fights is dark spots. The key ingredient to this wonderful formula is papaya seed oil, which is used to help eliminate brown spots as well as to help dissolve dead skin cells. It will leave your skin with a vibrant, healthy glow.
2. True Nature Botanical’s Pacific Face Oil ($110): Papaya seed oil is a key component of this facial oil and was chosen due to its high omega-6 and -9 content. The oil penetrates and absorbs into your skin quickly, getting to work right away at hydrating and cleansing. The special enzymes within the superfruit also help to dissolve any excess sebum or impurities on your skin’s surface.
3. One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil ($38): This cleansing oil is a top seller for One Love Organics, and for good reason. The natural enzymes in this oil work to gently extract impurities and tone your skin, while the vitamin B deeply cleanses and nourishes. The result is seriously vibrant, glowing skin you won’t be able to stop staring at.
4. The Little Alchemist Pineapple & Zeolite Micro Polish ($48): A combination of papaya, wheatgrass and calendula make up this exfoliating formula. Using the gentle exfoliation of papaya’s enzymes, this polish works to not only gently wipe away dead skin cells, but also cleanse and hydrate your skin, leaving you looking super refreshed.
5. Stop the Water Papaya Fennel Volumizing Shampoo ($26): Papaya is used in this shampoo as a volumizing tool. Other ingredients for this hair product include vitamin E and fennel extract, which combine to give your hair shine, gloss and volume all at once.
6. Eminence Organics Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel ($46): This formula contains papaya, pineapple, yam and pumpkin, a combo that promises to remove dead skin cells. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, while the enzymes and other ingredients work to remove dead skin cells to reveal remarkably brighter skin.
7. Vapour Organics Stratus Soft Focus ($56): This instant skin perfector comes in three shades that are designed to neutralize any skin concerns. Each product contains that magical papaya extract, which will provide numerous skincare benefits even while you’re wearing makeup throughout the day.
8. Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Cleanser ($56): This cleanser pairs papaya extract with argan oil and willowbank to gently tone and exfoliate while brightening and cleansing your skin. While the enzymes tone your skin, the other ingredients work together to rebuild moisture for a plump and hydrated look.
9. Josh Rosebrook Cacao Antioxidant Mask ($60): This face mask is made up of a plethora of different ingredients, with papaya front and center, of course. Combined with ingredients such as cocoa powder and organic witch hazel extract, this mask works to remove impurities and stimulate blood flow. It’s the perfect pick for your next spa night in.
10. Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Face Mask ($48): This face mask promises to brighten, and with the addition of papaya extract it certainly does. Combined with other ingredients that include tourmaline gemstone, rice powder and rose distillate, this all-natural formula is designed to leave you with visibly brighter (and healthier!) skin.
11. ILIA Beauty Lipstick Crayons ($24): The benefits of papaya are not just limited to skincare, as proven by this gorgeous array of lipsticks. Along with giving you a pop of color, the ingredients in this makeup/skincare hybrid will work to smooth your lips of dead skin cells, giving you softer and smoother lips over time so you can rock these gorgeous colors confidently!
12. TATCHA Classic Rice Enzyme Powder ($65): This water-activated enzyme powder contains a mixture of rice bran, papaya and green tea to easily remove any impurities or dead skin cells from your face. Just add a bit of water and rub this formula into your skin in circular motions for softer skin and increased blood flow. After consistent use, it will give you that enviable flushed complexion you’ve been longing for.
Have you tried any skincare or makeup products with papaya before? Let us know which ones you’ve tried, or would like to, in the comments below!