It’s about that time, friends — that time of year when we scour our Insta feeds in search of that elusive PERFECT summer haircut. We may be looking to shorten things up in anticipation of crazy hot weather, or maybe we’re just itching for a change. Whatever your motivation, a warm-weather chop is *so* necessary. But before you go crazy at the salon, take a step back and consider how that of-the-moment cut might jibe with your hair — what works for your fave Instababe may frizz out or fall flat on your own locks. Enter these haircut ideas, here to show us how cutting fine, full and curly hair should be done! Scroll through these 11 styles and find your ideal summer look.
Summer Haircut Ideas for Fine Hair
1. Blunt: Embrace your super fiiine hair (see what we did there?) with a sleek and modern blunt cut. ‘Cause let’s face it — this edgy style was made for y-o-u.
2. Ruffled: Get ready to embrace that quintessential summer look: beach waves. Feathering is your best friend when you’re looking to give fine hair fullness and movement.
3. Swag: Pump up the volume with a set of full and fluffy bangs. This shaggy style is the *perfect* ‘do for the lazy gal seeking a no-fuss cut to rock while bumming at the beach this summer.
4. Angled: Just because your hair is on the finer side doesn’t mean you can’t rock a full style. A slightly angled, shoulder-grazing cut gives your hair some extra body and shape via short, lightweight layers.
Summer Haircut Ideas for Thick Hair
5. Long: Most gals with thick, luscious hair can attest to the fact that this sought-after fullness is both a blessing and a curse — especially when faced with too much volume. Find that perfect mix of full and light by using long layers to tame your mane.
6. Lob: Short hairstyles are usually intended to freshen up our look, but when paired with thick hair, shorter cuts can feel a bit bulky. Keep it light with long layers to take your tresses from heavy to bouncy.
7. Chin-Length: Show off your thick hair’s full potential and score a *ton* of dimension by rocking cascading layers, starting at the chin, to accentuate your hair’s natural body and frame your lovely face.
Summer Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair
8. Triangle: This geometric look falls squarely between retro and modern. The trick to rocking an asymmetrical wavy ‘do is adding a soft side part to offset strong angles.
9. Pixie: Curls will give any short cut some gorgeous texture, but this long pixie style is especially versatile (read: easy to grow out). Make like this Instababe and sport a soft, tousled look, or use a bit of product for a sleeker style.
10. Bombshell: Go big or go home. Embrace your natural curls with super steep layers (a la Beyoncé) to flaunt your hair’s covetable body and texture.
11. Curly Shag: Go all out with a look that’s as fun as you are. This voluminous ‘do is perfect for the gal who’s not afraid to show off her wild side.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.