We are still reeling with the news that Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris have (probably, most likely) broken up after a short 15-month romance. We really thought this was it for the musical power couple, especially since it seems like just yesterday that they were getting romantic on the beach and sharing the photos on Instagram. Luckily for Tay, she has an incredible #GirlSquad whose members have already produced countless bits of breakup advice over the last little while. We’ve rounded up some of the best to help remind her that she’ll get through this one.
1. Zendaya: In a February Instagram post, Zendaya talked about body shame and haters, and included this gem of advice that’s perfect to hear while going through a breakup: “It is important in this journey to remember that just because someone has inflicted hurt upon us, it does not give us the right to do the same.” Wise words from a wise woman.
2. Cara Delevigne: When Cara split with musician St. Vincent last year, the model/actress took to her Instagram to post this helpful quote from ancient poet Rumi. Embrace the pain so you can get past it, right?
3. Kendall Jenner: Enough said.
4. Serayah McNeill: In a 2015 interview, the singer and actress talked about loving herself, saying, “You have to love you first. I think that if you do that first you’ll be alright.” And we think that’s great advice to pass on to Taylor in this time of need.
5. Selena Gomez: “Love Will Remember,” Selena’s ode to her Justin Bieber breakup, is one that Taylor should really take to heart. In the song, Selena reminds us that, “Love will remember you/Love will remember me/I know it inside my heart/Forever will, forever be ours/Even if we try to forget/Love will remember.” And that’s an excellent reminder: Even with today’s current heartbreak, love will find you again.
What’s your best breakup advice for Taylor Swift? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)