We’ve shown you ways to amp up your Christmas tree with amazingly chic, awesomely modern and super odd ornaments, but we all know that no tree is complete without a topper! Come on, if you use cake toppers and gift toppers, then there’s no way you can skip it on the ultimate piece of holiday decor ;) Check out these 22 spectacular tree toppers that you can buy and DIY.
1. Pier 1 Imports Gold Star Tree Topper ($16): Let’s kick this thing off with a classic. Add super shine to the top of your tree with this blingin’ tree topper that is embellished with both glitter and sequins!
3. Bronner’s LED Color-Changing Tree Topper ($25): This eight-pointed star gets its technicolor glow from multi-colored LED lights. A high-tech tree topper? Sign us up.
4. DIY Monogram Tree Topper: You know we can’t get enough of monograms and marquees (we’re even teaching a class on how to make one for the holidays!), so we’re naturally obsessed with this tree topper. The candy cane stripes add some seriously festive flair. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
5. DIY Double-Sided Lighted Tree Topper: We’re not gonna lie; we’re totally obsessed with this tree topper that’s the perfect mix of craft and tech. Not only do we love that it’s painted with chalkboard paint — so you can leave a thank you message to Santa, of course! — but it’s trimmed with LED-ified tinsel. So cool! (via My So Called Crafty Life)
6. DIY Glittery Crown Tree Topper: Show your tree the royal treatment with this glittery crown topper. It can also double as a playful headpiece for whoever gives the best gift on Christmas day! (via Better Homes and Gardens)
7. Target Lit Metal Snowflake Tree Topper ($20): This origami-inspired metal snowflake is so sophisticated. We’re loving its coppery finish, which would look spectacular on nearly any tree.
9. DIY Rustic Christmas Tree Topper: Remember to save an empty wrapping paper roll for this DIY tree topper. This glittery project would be the perfect way to get the kiddos involved in the tree trimming. (via …love Maegan)
10. Pottery Barn Lit Mercury Finial Tree Topper ($69): Now this is one stunning tree topper! While it boasts an unmistakably vintage shape, its mercury finish adds a nice modern twist.
11. DIY Popsicle Stick Snowflake Tree Topper: Don’t turn your nose down at this DIY just because its main material is popsicle sticks. If you don’t trust us, just take a look at the picture: With super clean lines and an eye-catching geometric shape, what’s not to love? (via Better Homes and Gardens)
12. DIY Glitter Paper Tree Topper: You had us at “glitter paper!” We love that you don’t have to get your hands super dirty (read: sparkly) with this DIY tree topper while still giving it the ultimate glitz. (via Hello Lidy)
13. meandshestudios Star Tree Topper ($40): Smitten with all things geo? Yeah, us too. So we’re crushing hard on this amazing geometric-inspired star tree topper. Plus, this sculptural accessory can easily be repurposed into your table decor after the tree gets tossed.
14. DIY Cozy Christmas Tree Topper: Got a tacky sweater you just can’t see yourself wearing out of the house? Then turn it into a festive tree topper! Believe us — your significant other will probably thank you ;) (via Chatelaine)
15. DIY Spectacular Starburst Tree Topper: Okay, back to all things glittery. This impressive starburst tree topper is actually super easy to make. We have three words for you: silver pipe cleaners! (via …love Maegan)
17. DIY Felt Star Pendant and Tree Topper: While you don’t need to be a master seamstress to complete this pendant-like tree topper, you will need ace folding and pinning skills, a smidge of dexterity and a chunk of time. The result, as you can see, is totally worth the effort. (via Purl Soho)
18. World Market Glittered Stag Head Tree Topper ($15): This super sparkly stag head looks like it’s following our number-one holiday style tip: Go for the glitter! Add pinecones and winter berries to your tree to keep with the woodland decor theme.
19. DIY Pom Pom Tree Topper: Cover a styrofoam ball with tons of colorful pom-poms to get this cute ‘n’ cozy look. Just don’t forget to leave a hole big enough for the top of the tree to easily fit. (via Sugar and Cloth)
21. Pier 1 Imports White and Silver Snowflake Tree Topper ($20): Bring the whimsical wonder of intricate snowflake designs to your home with this white and silver snowflake tree topper. Turn on your Christmas lights and watch your bejeweled star glint and gleam all night long.
22. DIY Beaded Star Tree Topper: Though this tutorial calls for handmade beads, you can always opt for store-bought ones if you’re running short on time. Once you’ve threaded your beads onto your wire, shape it into a star, twist the ends together and voila! It’s as simple as that! (via Fall for DIY)
Do you buy or DIY your tree toppers? Have we missed any cool tree toppers? Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday must-haves!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Grace Lee.