What’s the best way to make your Valentine start off the day feeling special and loved? A tasty, celebratory breakfast, of course. Whether you’re cooking up something sweet for your little ones or want to send your honey off with enough fuel to last until lunch, we’ve got 20 delicious recipes that are just beggin’ to be made. There’s just one catch… they’re chocolate-less. We figured with so many truffles and DIY chocolates floating around this holiday, getting the day started properly probably shouldn’t include a major sugar rush. And for those who don’t like chocolate at all: We don’t understand you, but we’ve still got your back. Here are 20 tasty chocolate-free breakfasts to make for all the loves in your life.
1. White Chocolate Strawberry Scones: Okay okay, we know we said no chocolate, but the white stuff hardly counts, right? It’s simply a sweet drizzle to top off some flaky strawberry scones, but you can leave it out if you like. (via Domestically Blissful)
3. Red Velvet Pancakes: Heart-shaped or not, these vibrant red pancakes will get your house smelling like cake all day long. And don’t forget that pumped-up cream cheese and ricotta topping for some much-needed tang. (via Recipe Girl)
7. No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Cups: Serve these babies as a rich dessert or transform them into breakfast by cutting the cream cheese with yogurt for a lighter treat with an extra punch of protein. (via The Tasty Bite)
9. Valentine Mini Pies: Who doesn’t love pie for breakfast? You could even toss a few of these little hand-held treats into your kiddo’s lunchbox for a delicious, berry-filled surprise. (via Doughing It Right)
14. Strawberry Pancakes: Get your pink breakfast fix with these blushing pancakes topped with homemade strawberry syrup and tiny heart-shaped pats of butter. Who wouldn’t love a brekkie like this? (via Celebrating Everyday Life)
15. Coconut French Toast Bake (Vegan, Dairy-Free): A thick coconut custard turns regular bread into soft, pudding-like spoonfuls that melt on the tongue. The best part? You can easily make this ahead and then pop it in the oven on V-Day morning for a quick and easy treat. (via Vegan Richa)
16. Fruity Breakfast Pizza (Vegan, Raw, Paleo): Turn your favorite granola into a crunchy-crisp crust for a dizzying amount of colorful fruit. The final result looks so decadent it’s hard to believe it’s actually insanely good for you. Dig in! (via Grok Grub)
18. Strawberry Cake Donuts: You could easily swap the fresh strawberries for your favorite frozen fruit or a combination of mixed berries. Whatever you chose, the final result will be just as tasty as it is pretty. (via Only from Scratch)
Which of these tasty chocolate-free treats are you going to make for your Valentine’s Day sweetie? Will you miss the cocoa on the big day? Tell us your thoughts and favorite recipes in the comments below!