If the four walls of your home are a little closer together than you’d like, you’ll need a compact solution to incorporate an office workspace into your pad. Whether you’re routinely working from home or just need a place to set down a book, these 22 wall mounted desks are a super smart and ultra modern option. Storage space might be skint, so be sure to have some workspace organization tricks up your sleeve and seek creative solutions for extra space saving, like mounting floating shelves nearby. Plus most of these could be positioned at the proper height to make your very own standing desk.
2. CB2 Helix White Oak Desk ($129): Use height to your advantage with this tall desk/shelf combo. Transform your entire wall space into a storage wonderland by stacking bookshelves with the same angular design and blonde wooden finish shoulder to shoulder.
3. Wooden Mallet Fold-Away ($129): Did a briefcase just pop open on your wall? Nope, it’s just a super cute fold-away wall desk! It even has an inner pocket where you can store everything from files to photobooth pictures.
4. EVO Cherry Finish Desk ($440): This cherry finished command center is built with dedicated space for all of your home office necessities: a tabletop for your computer, a tablet mount, a printer perch and even a bookshelf! If it had a spot for your virtual personal assistant, you’d just about never leave.
5. Minimalist Oak Desk: If you think it takes maximum effort to achieve this minimal look, guess again. The trick is having the wood board cut to size by your hardware store and making sure your stud finder is still savvy. (via Designsponge)
7. Flip Down Wall Art Desk: When it’s down, a flip desk is a functional workspace, when it’s up it’s a perfect canvas for wall art! We love the chalkboard finish for this little girl’s room, or spray paint a pattern from a chic chevron stencil! (via Anna White)
9. Arco Pivot Desk (roughly $2,318): Get a floating desk and subtle storage sidekick in one awesome piece. The tiered shelves pivot out from their bottom hinge to reveal shallow drawers.
10. Blue Dot Wonder Wall Writing Desk ($499): A wall desk for purists at heart. Can you believe that this simple shape can be such a handy fixture?
11. IKEA Hack Desk: Tweaking items to enhance their usefulness makes us happy, so we’re smiling at this simple wall desk hack using IKEA products. Since the shelves used in this DIY are no longer available, what would you repurpose to get a similar final workstation? (via IKEA Hackers)
12. Wood and Pipe DIY Desk: Turn a wooden countertop into a desk with modern angular supports! Keep the contrast between industrial and au natural with concrete desk accessories to store good old fashioned pencils. (via Simplified Building Concepts)
14. The Ledge ($1,500): This perfect rectangle opens into a sliding workstation complete with a small storage cubby. Designed with cord management in mind, its underbelly can accommodate a full size power strip.
15. Prepac Floating Desk with Storage ($159): The office pod of the future! This wall mounted unit’s curved side panels act as blinders preventing peeping Toms from invading your privacy.
16. Enitial Lab Modern Leaning Desk ($138): This curved leaning desk provides double the surface space with its “C” shape. We’d add some under-shelf lighting to keep your pages lit at any time of the day.
17. Orange22 Botanist Floating Wall Desk ($659): The arching desktop acts as a shelter for a full sliding workstation. Its curved design resembles the hood of a classic car.
18. Junior Living Wall Desk (roughly $530): This wall desk is especially made to accommodate your kiddo’s homework needs. Two shelves on either side are perfect for displaying talent show ribbons and science fair projects.
19. Fold Out Convertible Desk ($199): Surprise! This unassuming hinged cabinet unfolds into a full table and organization space! It would work wonders to create an eating surface in a small kitchen too.
20. DIY Standing Desk: This DIY standing desk uses a basic white painted board to camouflage unsightly computer cords on their way to the power outlets. If you’re looking for a more colorful solution, try wrapping them with neon embroidery floss! (via Shelterness)
21. Pilat & Pilat Contemporary Wooden Wall Desk (call for pricing): Ditch your dingy file cabinet for this compartmentalized floating desk. We’d organize our notebooks, magazines, books and records by hue to create a cool color block in each partition!
22. Prepac Designer Floating Desk ($176): This stable work surface looks a bit more like a traditional desk but still floats about a foot off the ground. The slanting desk sides are a great resting space for the family pooch!
Will a wall mounted desk help tighten up your small space? Tell us in the comments below!