If the four walls of your home are a little closer together than you’d like, you’ll need a compact solution to incorporate an office workspace into your pad. Whether you’re routinely working from home or just need a place to set down a book, these 15 wall mounted desks are a super smart and ultra modern option. Storage space might be scant, so be sure to have some workspace organization tricks up your sleeve and seek creative solutions for extra space saving, like mounting floating shelves nearby. Plus most of these could be positioned at the proper height to make your very own standing desk.
1. LAX Series Wall Mounted Desk ($720): This desk is so roomy it could seat two. Or use this table space equipped with three cubby holes to assemble and store your DIY supplies!
2. Sawyer Mocha Leaning Desk ($179): Use height to your advantage with this tall desk/shelf combo. Transform your entire wall space into a storage wonderland by stacking bookshelves with the same angular design and dark wooden finish shoulder to shoulder.
3. Wooden Mallet Fold-Away ($129): Did a briefcase just pop open on your wall? Nope, it’s just a super cute fold-away wall desk! It even has an inner pocket where you can store everything from files to photobooth pictures.
4. Ergo Writing Desk ($177): This ergonomic desk swings into action to create a temporary lightweight desk space. Soon to be the epicenter for epic doodling.
5. Spacebox Dining Table ($446): The perfect stow-away for all your art supplies, this desk is large enough to serve as a dining table. The table folds down instead of up, so all your crafty goods can be on display even when the surface isn’t in use.
6. Blue Dot Wonder Wall Writing Desk ($499): A wall desk for purists at heart. Can you believe that this simple shape can be such a handy fixture?
7. IKEA Hack Desk: Tweaking items to enhance their usefulness makes us happy, so we’re smiling at this simple wall desk hack using IKEA products. Since the shelves used in this DIY are no longer available, what would you repurpose to get a similar final workstation? (via IKEA Hackers)
8. Wood and Pipe DIY Desk: Turn a wooden countertop into a desk with modern angular supports! Keep the contrast between industrial and au natural with concrete desk accessories to store good old fashioned pencils. (via Simplified Building Concepts)
9. Hanging Wall Shelf ($45): This perfect rectangle opens into a sliding workstation complete with a small storage cubby. It works as a curio shelf, mail organizer, and low-profile desk to suit any need.
10. Prepac Floating Desk with Storage ($159): The office pod of the future! This wall mounted unit’s curved side panels act as blinders preventing peeping Toms from invading your privacy.
11. Enitial Lab Modern Leaning Desk ($138): This curved leaning desk provides double the surface space with its “C” shape. We’d add some under-shelf lighting to keep your pages lit at any time of the day.
12. Orange22 Botanist Floating Wall Desk ($649): The arching desktop acts as a shelter for a full sliding workstation. Its curved design resembles the hood of a classic car.
13. Fold Out Convertible Desk ($199): Surprise! This unassuming hinged cabinet unfolds into a full table and organization space! It would work wonders to create an eating surface in a small kitchen too.
14. DIY Standing Desk: This DIY standing desk uses a basic white painted board to camouflage unsightly computer cords on their way to the power outlets. If you’re looking for a more colorful solution, try wrapping them with neon embroidery floss! (via Shelterness)
15. Prepac Designer Floating Desk ($130): This stable work surface looks a bit more like a traditional desk but still floats about a foot off the ground. The slanting desk sides are a great resting space for the family pooch!
Looking for more small-space storage solutions? Follow us on Pinterest @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.