10 Innovative Gadgets for (April) Showers
At Brit HQ, April Showers bring more than just May Flowers. They bring us reason to share some of the most creative, colorful, and innovative shower gadgets on the market today. Let us know your favorites by giving us a shout on Twitter!
1. Moving Color Color-Changing Tiles: First, let's set the scene with a little more color. Time to retile the bathroom? Or perhaps just a few tiles need an update? Bring some grade school style science into your bathroom with these insanely awesome color-changing tiles. We'd love to update our kitchen with these as well!
2. Color Changing Showerhead Rainbow LED Shower Head ($29): Perhaps color-changing tiles in the tub and a rainbow maker in the living room isn't quite enough color for you? Well, we're pleased to welcome you to the world of color changing LED shower heads. This one is the most standard of the bunch, and installation couldn't be easier. Just replace your current shower head, and your morning routine just got a little more disco.
3. Magic Showerhead 7 LED ($56): Next on the LED shower head train is the Magic Showerhead. Like the one above, this is easy to install and features seven different colors. What makes it magic is that MagicFlow Technology which makes sure water consumption does not exceed 2.5 gallons/min at 80psi. So, not only is it party time in your bathroom, but it's green!
4. 24 Inch Stainless Steel Color-Changing Shower Head ($390): And finally, we bring out the big guns. This gorgeous rainfall shower head is no joke. If you're looking to seriously upgrade your shower, look no further.
5. Shower Squid Octopus Caddy ($33): Now, how do you keep your shower essentials organized? This playful squid features eight adjustable grippy arms that keep all your necessities right where you need them. You can even store your shampoo bottles upside down so you can squeeze out the very last drops!
7. Utility Shower Curtain ($40): Made by our favorite pocket people, Wintercheck, this shower curtain is equipped to carry everything you might need. On the inside, we've got self-draining bottle storage pouches along with razor and toothbrush loops. On the outside, you've got two twelve-inch towel loops. No more towels over every door in your house!
8. DIY Shower Curtain ($33): A product with DIY right in the title is certainly up our alley, and this shower curtain is definitely one to bookmark. The kit comes with a permanent black marker to Draw-It-Yourself. The curtain is made of a recyclable vinyl alternative that won't off-gas in your home, and breathes making it less likely to grow mold and mildew. We love the idea of drawing on this and giving it as a gift!
10. Portable Water Resistant Drop Speaker ($60): What would a morning routine be without a little rock-out? Belt out your favorite wake-up tunes right in the shower with this whimsical water drop speaker. Your iPod, iPhone or mp3 player sits snugly inside the drop where it's protected. This would also be great for a day at the beach, camping with a slight chance of rain, or even in the snow!
($7): We featured this a while back in our roundup of, but this bar of soap's gadgetry deserves a place here as well. Wake up before you've even had your first cup of joe. Using natural ingredients including peppermint oil and caffeine anhydrous, each bar of Shower Shock contains approximately 12 servings (servings = showers) per 4 oz bar, with 200 milligrams of caffeine per serving. Kind of crazy, right?
Social Shower Curtain ($14): We know Facebook is part of everyone's morning routine, but this shower curtain takes your love of social media to the next level. Plus, it "features various bathroom themed puns and jokes." Win. We're anxiously waiting for the Timeline edition to show up.
Horizontal Shower Concept: Ok, this looks awesome but also insane. Not totally sure how one gets clean while lying down, but we're intrigued. The description references the "Ambiance Tuning Technique" which allows the user to decide between Balancing, Energizing, and/or De-Stressing shower flow.