11 Essentials You Need for Your First Adult Dinner Party
Every gal can benefit from a night of kicking back with her besties. But instead of planning a swanky dinner out for your next girls’ night, why not show the ladies some love by hosting your very first adult dinner party? Of course, you’ll need a killer menu, a signature cocktail, and decor that will knock their socks off! Good thing you can rely on the 11 must-have accessories below for maximum fabulousness.
1. Pfaltzgraff Expressions Dinner Plates ($24): Add a sleek, contemporary look to your tablescape with clean white plates drizzled with caramel-colored accents. The neutral palette will make matching your flatware a breeze.
2. Kate Spade Larabee Dot Decanter ($70): Serve up the vino in a decanter that screams *adulting pro.* Pour wine around 25 to 30 minutes before your guests arrive to let it breathe to perfection.
3. Lulu & Georgia Cocktail Party Coasters ($42, set of four): These quirky numbers are a great way to add a pop of color to your party decor, while keeping the water rings off your furniture.
4. Urban Outfitters 12-Piece Metallic Flatware Set ($69): Metallic flatware? Yes, please! These golden beauties will not only add a little sparkle to your dinnerware, but they’ll go with everything.
5. Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Wood Salad Bowl ($40): A classic, wooden salad bowl is a great accent for everyday meals or an easygoing summertime dinner party.
6. Brika Leather Napkin Rings ($26, set of four): Keep things simple and chic with leather napkin rings that’ll tie off your table-top look with minimalist style.
7. YIELD Glass French Press in Amber ($85): Serve up a post-dinner pick-me-up with a bright, retro French press. Serving coffee has never looked so summertime-ready.
8. Emile Henry Mortar & Pestle ($41): Put a fresh twist on your signature recipes by grinding up fresh spices. Not only will your guests be totes impressed with your culinary skills, but this mortar and pestle will make a great addition to any kitchen decor.
9. CB2 Suave Barware ($7): Fab glassware is a must-have for a swanky cocktail hour. Plus, we’re pretty sure boozy beverages taste even better in these Italian-style gems.
10. Pigeon & Poodle’s Winsford Cocktail Shaker ($80): We know you’re already an expert mixologist — so why not update your cocktail shaker to match your skills.
11. Crate and Barrel Black & Rose Gold Pepper Grinder ($23): Forget your basic salt and pepper shakers for your next soiree — nothing says fancy AF like rose gold grinders. Plus, freshly ground pepper will elevate your noms even more.
Looking for more dinner party essentials? Follow us on Pinterest for tons of goodies!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.