There’s a reason why you always begged your mom for slushies as a kid — for starters, the sugar, the pretty colors, and the brain freeze that hurt so good. Now that you’re an adult, you have the benefit of adding booze to that equation — score! Wine slushies have had their time in the spotlight, but now it’s time to say no way to frosé and embrace the cocktail slushy. Whether you tend to go for a mojito or Manhattan, one of the following 14 recipes are sure to satisfy your happy hour need.
1. Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies: Fresh strawberries and lemon juice mixed with Cointreau and vodka sound like a summer cocktail we could get on board with. Add ice and blend into submission for even more refreshment. (via Kitchen Treaty)
3. Frozen Mojito Slushies: Just when you thought that mojitos couldn’t be more invigorating, you’re introduced to a mojito slushy. This basic lime and mint version is perfection, but you can also add frozen berries to up the ante even more. (via Sallys Baking Addiction)
4. Leap Year Cocktail Slushies: The original leap-year cocktail is a prohibition-era classic consisting of gin, orange liqueur, sweet vermouth, and lemon. To give it the slushy treatment, add ice and a splash of lemon seltzer for consistency. (via How Sweet It Is)
5. Manhattan Slushies: Your first thought when making a slushy might be to pop everything in the blender. While that’s a great method, if you take the time to churn the cocktail in your ice cream machine, you’ll get a creamy texture like this slushy take on a Manhattan. (via My Modern Cookery)
6. Tropical Pineapple Margarita Slushies: Of course, the frozen margarita counts as a cocktail slushy! The OG is a favorite for good reason, but if you want to switch it up, frozen pineapple adds a fun tropical twist. (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
8. The Painkiller Slushie: This slushy spin on the sweet tiki-bar classic features the tropical flavors of pineapple, coconut, and rum. To get the ombre look, leave out the grenadine on the first blitz, and add it once you’ve poured half of the slushie in the glass. (via Tasting Table)
9. Raspberry Peach Cocktail Slushies: If this frozen raspberry peach cocktail conjures up major vacation feels, you’re not alone. Rim your glass with salt or sugar before serving for an extra *pop* of flavor.
10. Skinny Cherry Vodka Lemonade Slushies: So you were that kid at the slushy machine mixing the cherry and lemon together, huh? Now you can make your own at home, and you get to add cherry vodka to the mix. Being an adult is great. (via With Salt and Wit)
11. Strawberry and Thyme Slushie Cocktails: The foodies out there will appreciate the subtle herbal touch that this strawberry rum slushie possesses. Make these for your next romantic night in, and your date will be V impressed. (via Giraffes Can Bake)
12. Sweet Tea Vodka Slushies: This Southern-style sweet tea is not what your grandma used to make. Thanks to the tart lemon and hefty sweetness, you really can’t detect the vodka. Whether that’s a good or bad thing is up to you. (via The Charming Detroiter)
14. Whiskey Sour Slushies: One sip of this slushy, and you’ll wonder why all whiskey sours aren’t frozen. Make a big batch for your next pool party and your guests will never want to leave. (via Three Yummy Tummies)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy summer cocktail ideas.