11 Indoor Exercise Apps for When It’s Too Cold for a Gym Sesh
Although we’re super pumped for all the festivities that come with this time of year, we’re not too keen on the dreary weather that goes along with them. Sure, celeb-approved rain boots and jackets are always a cute way to brave the outside world… but if we’re honest, it’ll take hella motivation to get out of our PJs and hit a trendy fitness class on our days off (especially now that unlimited ClassPass membership is donezo). Thankfully, there are tons of indoor exercise apps that will let us do our workout at home. Yep, tech really is a gal’s best friend.
1. Asana Rebel: Whether you’re new to yoga or are a bonafide yogi, this cool app will definitely up your ommm game. Featuring short 10-30 minute workouts from yoga experts and athletes, it’s a fun and easy way to get your sweat on at home.
2. Cody: Offering plans in yoga, bodyweight movement, barre, weightlifting and more, this intense video-based app has something for everyone. Plus, you can even interact with your fit-fam right from the app!
3. Keelo: With workouts ranging from 7-20 minutes, this high-energy workout app fits easily within a busy gal schedule. Their program combines strength, cardio and conditioning and can definitely be done in the comfort of your living room. Just be warned, some gym equipment like dumbbells and kettlebells are recommended.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. YogaGlo: This sweet yoga app is perfect for anyone who’s saving money by cutting their data plan, since all classes can be used both online AND offline. Your first seven days are free, but after that you’ll have to shell out a crisp Jackson for access to all of the routines.
5. Seven: After trying out this fun app for a week, we can confidently say that this one is definitely worth the investment. Using nothing more than a chair, a wall and your own body weight, this series of quick seven-minute workouts will have you just as sweaty as your normal half hour routines… but with more time to shower and change for work ;)
6. Runtastic Six Pack Abs Workout: No, this isn’t one of those dumb TV ads — Runtastic’s 10-week six-pack plan can actually tone your abs. It’s really that simple.
7. YogaTailor: This yoga app offers programs that are completely customizable. Simply specify your lifestyle, ability and goals, and the app will create customized programs that include physical therapy, restorative yoga and mediations for the cost of a tall Starbucks latte every month.
8. 12 Minute Athlete HIIT Workouts: Everyone and their mother are on the HIIT workout trend… and it’s not hard to see why. This cool app gives you access to nearly 200 full-body high intensity interval training workouts for no extra costs.
9. Just Six Weeks: If you’ve ever had the burning desire to do 100 pushups with ease, this app is definitely a must-download. With just three short sessions a week, this app will help you reach your goals (and get mega ripped, duh).
10. Workout Trainer: Coached by expert certified personal trainers, Skimble’s series of step-by-step workouts are definitely a popular home workout option. Plus, we’re not mad at their mega encouraging style of instruction. You go, girl!
What’s your go-to app for working out? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.